Spa Fancy: SoBe Calm
Got the holiday blues? C'mon get happy at Miami Beach's SoBe Calm.
The lowdown: The Beatles, The Wizard of Oz gang, the Monkees, The Golden Girls, the four seasons, the Sex and the City gals — foursomes are a fabulous thing. And such is the case at Miami Beach’s SoBe Calm. “We’re a full-service establishment containing four independent businesses. The idea was to create a house that boasted the ‘best of the best,’” Owner Tatum Fritts says. The cool quartet is comprised of SoBe Calm skin services, Tuka’s Salon, Ashley J. Mandy Artistry makeup application and Pilates Soul.
The ‘hood: Nestled alongside Alton Road, SoBe Calm is a hop, skip and jump away from Whole Foods, Lime and Mia. “We’re the yellow house on the corner of 13th and Alton Road — there’s no sign as we’re solely known by word of mouth,” Fritts says.
The vibe: A fireplace, wood floors, comfy furniture and soft lighting create a cozy ambience. “Where I’m from in North Carolina, people have spas inside houses so you feel more at home and relaxed during your visit. My intention was to bring that atmosphere to South Beach,” Fritts adds.
The highlights: The fab four offer a spate of services such as customized facials with Fritts ($100-$175), manis and pedis with the infamous Tuka Rodriguez and her sidekick Natalia Gallardo ($17 and up), hair ($30 and up) and waxing ($7 and up) by Juci Oliveira and Patty Rinehart, makeup application ($50 and up) with Ashley Mandy and Pilates ($50 and up) by Courtney Upshaw.
The sweet deal: Mention this article and get 10% off hair extensions and Keratin treatments at Tuka’s Salon. Get 10% off any Microcurrent service or buy 10 sessions and receive one additional service free at SoBe Calm. Receive 10% off any purchase or buy 10 sessions and receive one additional service complimentary at Pilates Soul. Get 10% off a “Special Occasions” makeup application with Ashley Mandy.
1301 Alton Road, Miami Beach
- How To Black Friday and Cyber Monday Like a Boss
- The Showroom Opens In Coconut Grove
- Your Go-To Shopping Guide for Art Basel Miami Beach
- Get Gorgeous At Miami's Best Beauty Emporium
- It's FINALLY here! Brickell City Centre Mall is Opening for Business
- Pop-Up Spas are Now a Thing...
- Nordstrom Rack Opening a New South Florida Store!
- Sawgrass Mills Mall Announces More New Stores!
- Time to slay with your Halloween costume courtesy of these Miami shops
- Upper Buena Vista to Up its BoHo Retail Game