Spa Fancy: SoBe Calm
Got the holiday blues? C'mon get happy at Miami Beach's SoBe Calm.
The lowdown: The Beatles, The Wizard of Oz gang, the Monkees, The Golden Girls, the four seasons, the Sex and the City gals — foursomes are a fabulous thing. And such is the case at Miami Beach’s SoBe Calm. “We’re a full-service establishment containing four independent businesses. The idea was to create a house that boasted the ‘best of the best,’” Owner Tatum Fritts says. The cool quartet is comprised of SoBe Calm skin services, Tuka’s Salon, Ashley J. Mandy Artistry makeup application and Pilates Soul.
The ‘hood: Nestled alongside Alton Road, SoBe Calm is a hop, skip and jump away from Whole Foods, Lime and Mia. “We’re the yellow house on the corner of 13th and Alton Road — there’s no sign as we’re solely known by word of mouth,” Fritts says.
The vibe: A fireplace, wood floors, comfy furniture and soft lighting create a cozy ambience. “Where I’m from in North Carolina, people have spas inside houses so you feel more at home and relaxed during your visit. My intention was to bring that atmosphere to South Beach,” Fritts adds.
The highlights: The fab four offer a spate of services such as customized facials with Fritts ($100-$175), manis and pedis with the infamous Tuka Rodriguez and her sidekick Natalia Gallardo ($17 and up), hair ($30 and up) and waxing ($7 and up) by Juci Oliveira and Patty Rinehart, makeup application ($50 and up) with Ashley Mandy and Pilates ($50 and up) by Courtney Upshaw.
The sweet deal: Mention this article and get 10% off hair extensions and Keratin treatments at Tuka’s Salon. Get 10% off any Microcurrent service or buy 10 sessions and receive one additional service free at SoBe Calm. Receive 10% off any purchase or buy 10 sessions and receive one additional service complimentary at Pilates Soul. Get 10% off a “Special Occasions” makeup application with Ashley Mandy.
1301 Alton Road, Miami Beach
- 5 Things You Need to Know About the New Givenchy Store at Aventura Mall
- What is actually trending in swimwear for 2016?
- Summer Get-Fit Tips by Miami’s Celebrity Trainer
- Preserve your pretty in spite of Miami's hot summer sun
- Knock-Off Handbags are Aplenty in Miami — But the Real Deal is Always Better
- Prepare to be blown away! Blo Aventura Blow Dry Bar to Open
- Celebrities Love Makeup Artist Charlotte Tilbury. Find Out Why!
- 5 Summer Skin Tips from Miami’s Best-Kept Secret — Dr. Leonard Tachmes
- 9 favorite looks from Sunday's Miami Swim Week shows
- 9 favorite looks from Saturday's Miami Swim Week shows