Spa fancy: Ritz-Carlton Spa South Beach
Ladies, turn off your engines. It's time to get your pamper on.
By Aurora Rodríguez
The lowdown: The intersection of Lincoln Road and Collins Avenue might seem far away from relaxation, but the spa at the Ritz-Carlton South Beach begs to differ. The spa offers visitors 16,000 square-feet of heaven, boasting a décor reminiscent of old-school glamour and speakeasy flair, complete with a sunburst mirror and Brazilian blue Bahia-style marble. Fourteen treatment rooms include two couple's suites with whirlpools, eight massage rooms, three skincare rooms, and one wet room. Men's and women's lounges feature round Power Showers with eight body sprays and Zen Water features that include dry saunas and steam baths. The spa is also the only one to offer La Maison de Beauté Carita Parisian products outside of the brand's homeland (that would be France), to the delight of eco-friendly spa guests.
The 'hood: South Beach gets busy and parking can be scarce, leaving visitors frustrated at the lack of spots. If you're visiting the spa, valet parking at the hotel is reduced to $15. Should you come for Bubbles and Blowouts Thursday evenings, valet is compimentary.
The vibe: Giggly, girly fun.
The highlights: The spa is the only one in Miami to offer three fun treatments for ladies. Their Astro Balance Massage ($200 minutes, 80 minutes) by astrologer and massage therapist Jeff Erik Wallace is a journey based on your star sign and its classical elements: fire, earth, air or water. The treatment uses handpicked essential oils to match your personality, evocative music and specially developed techniques for your sign. Their Mojito Mani-Pedi ($120, 90 minutes) is a pampering for the feet and hands with Miami flair and the hotel's signature mojitos. Their Thursday evening Bubbles and Blowouts ($50, 60 minutes) gets your hair fluffy and ready for the evening while you nibble on cheeses, sip endless glasses of champagne and enjoy complimentary valet parking. Just make sure to book a designated driver.
The sweet deal: Mention this story when you make your reservation and get 20 percent off any spa treatment.
Ritz-Carlton South Beach, One Lincoln Rd, Miami Beach; 786-276-4000
Relaxed here? Leave a review!
- 11 Best Miami Beauty Salons
- New Botox and Filler Bar on Miami Beach Gives “Taking Shots” A Whole New Meaning
- Huge Sale at The Fontainebleau Soon!
- Breaking Beauty News: Two Drybar Locations to Open in Miami
- Everything You Need to Know About Microblading Your Brows in Miami
- 4 Miami Makeup Artists to Book
- Men Love Bonobos Shorts. And Bonobos loves Wynwood. See Why...
- Liquido: Seriously Cute Workout Clothes That Will Actually Make You Want To Hit The Gym
- 5 Things You Need to Know About the New Givenchy Store at Aventura Mall
- What is actually trending in swimwear for 2016?