Spa fancy: Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne
Rub coconuts on your coconuts.
By Aurora Rodríguez
The lowdown: The 20,000 square foot spa at the Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne offers an oasis of tranquility that matches well with the resort's island-getaway enviroment. Those who stroll inside through the private entrance next to the hotel's main one will be greeted by the lulling sounds of a water wall fountain and scent of mango candles. The spa recently appointed new director Trudy Miller last October and with it came her experience of working in various Caribbean-based Ritz spa properties. "We wanted the spa to have a very tropical feel to go with Miami's enviroment," said Miller. "Everyone who steps in here will feel like they're in another world surrounded by fruity scents and details."
The 'hood: This part of Key Biscayne goes in tune with the area's island-vibe. Adding to the tranquility is a discounted $10 valet rate for spa guests.
The vibe: Couple and girl-getaway friendly. Health-conscious (try their signature "detox cocktail") yet indulgent (sip champagne, white or red wine between, before or after your treatment).
The highlights: The spa's brand-new organic coconut body treatments. Top picks include the signature Coco-Luscious Body Treatment (60 minutes, $170), which combines raw sugar cane granules and rich virgin coconut oils to create a natural exfoliation, followed by a mango pineapple cocoon wrap filled with enzymes to help dissolve dryness, fine lines and pigmentation, and the tropical Coco-Luscious Facial (50 minutes, $145), which uses pineapple enzymes, chamomile, an antioxidant booster and green tea to revitalize and nourish skin.
The sweet deal: Mention this story and get 20 percent off any signature coconut treatment.
The Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne Spa, 455 Grand Bay Dr. Key Biscayne; 305-365-4500
Been pampered here? Leave a review!
- What is actually trending in swimwear for 2016?
- Summer Get-Fit Tips by Miami’s Celebrity Trainer
- Celebrities Love Makeup Artist Charlotte Tilbury. Find Out Why!
- 5 Summer Skin Tips from Miami’s Best-Kept Secret — Dr. Leonard Tachmes
- 9 favorite looks from Sunday's Miami Swim Week shows
- 9 favorite looks from Saturday's Miami Swim Week shows
- You won’t believe what people were wearing at Miami Swim Week
- 9 favorite looks from Friday's Miami Swim Week shows
- 9 Best Looks from Thursday's Miami Swim Week Shows
- Best Bridal Boutiques in Coral Gables