Spa fancy: Pecan's Day Spa
Finding this gem housed in an old commercial building is like falling down the rabbit hole. Minus the tea party.
By Kathryn Wexler
The lowdown: Padding down the hallways of the old commercial building that houses Pecan's Day Spa, you'll find yourself wondering if you've got the right address. But walking through the spa door is like falling down the rabbit hole. This is an oasis worthy of the best addresses in the city. After working at the Biltmore for five years, couple Don Vorous and Pecan (yes, that's her real name) Chamathorn opened their own spa upstairs in this building and last year moved downstairs for more space.
There's no revolving door of therapists or aestheticians here. Vorous and Chamathorn perform all the services themselves, and have well-vetted help on-call. They are adamant about clients keeping their appointments. If you're late, too bad. If you don't cancel 24 hours in advance, doubly too bad.
The 'hood: The building is past the retail blocks on 57th Avenue, otherwise known as Red Road. Just when you think you've ventured into residential territory, you have arrived. Park behind the building and enter at the back. Pecan's is on the ground floor. Take the hallway to your right.
The vibe: While there are a few homey touches, the vibe is more purposeful.
The highlights: Skin care products are by Dermalogica. You can book online in real time. Pecan's Day Spa Signature Facial for all skin types involves steam, exfoliation and massage of acupressure points on the face, neck and head, enzyme peel, vitamin mask and 10-minute foot massage ($130 for 70 minutes). In the Sacred Hot Stone Therapy massage, hot stones are placed on strategic points on the body (chakras) for optimal effect ($145 for 70 minutes).
Pecan's Day Spa, 7800 SW 57th Ave., Suite 120, South Miami; 305-284-8636; pecansdayspa.com
Been pampered here? Leave a review!
- Pop-Up Spas are Now a Thing...
- Upper Buena Vista to Up its BoHo Retail Game
- Hollywood Stars Love This Treatment. You Will Too
- Best Balayage in Miami: Gabriel Samra Hair Salon
- Behold the Uber of Nail Salons, Miami
- Where to eat and what to do in Cauley Square
- Louis Vuitton's Latest Launch Is Heavenly Scent
- Where to get $109 spa treatments through October
- For the Love of Frida Kahlo — and her Fashionista Ways
- Serpentine Style: Meet Python Handbag Designer Ximena Kavalekas