Spa fancy: Orion Day Spa
Get your hair, your nails, even your eyebrows did -- all for free!
By Kathryn Wexler
The lowdown: Longtime Coral Gables resident Martin Eisenman opened Orion two years ago after working at the home shopping network QVC, thinking it would be much more pleasant than most careers. "I like this business because people leave here happy," Eisenman said.
Orion is a one-stop spa, offering highlights, hot stone massages and eyebrow tinting, to name a few services. It gets points for its tasteful decor and wireless Internet access. Guests can use lockers and an outdoor patio. The theme, Eisenman said, is "all things that come from the Earth." There are two steam showers for use before massages, a spray tanning room and several treatment rooms. Environ products, from South Africa, are used exclusively.
The vibe: Cozy, tranquil, clean, graceful. Travertine, mahogany, granite, bamboo and metal details along with striking green walls. Yacht crews sometimes empty out here to recharge their nails and their souls. Wedding parties head here, too.
The highlights: The Shirodhara oil treatment is imported from India and consists of warm jasmine and lavender oil trickled onto the forehead, followed by a scalp, face, neck, hand, foot and stomach massage, $80 for 60 minutes. Orion's Brilliance facial includes a double cleansing, vitamin exfoliation, massage, hand paraffin and cucumber eye pads, $120 for 75 minutes.
Orion Day Spa and Salon, E. Las Olas Blvd., Fort Lauderdale; 954-712-1822
- How To Black Friday and Cyber Monday Like a Boss
- The Showroom Opens In Coconut Grove
- Your Go-To Shopping Guide for Art Basel Miami Beach
- Get Gorgeous At Miami's Best Beauty Emporium
- It's FINALLY here! Brickell City Centre Mall is Opening for Business
- Pop-Up Spas are Now a Thing...
- Nordstrom Rack Opening a New South Florida Store!
- Sawgrass Mills Mall Announces More New Stores!
- Time to slay with your Halloween costume courtesy of these Miami shops
- Upper Buena Vista to Up its BoHo Retail Game