Spa fancy: Nirvana Spa
Smells like steam spirit.
By Maria Tettamanti
The lowdown: While the word "Nirvana" typically conjures thoughts of Kurt Cobain, flannel shirts and "Smells Like Teen Spirit" lyrics, it also means "the state of being free from both suffering and individual existence" in Buddhism. So at Miami Beach-based Nirvana Spa, the point here is to simply relax and just be.
The hood: Located in the lower level of Dezerland Beach Resort & Spa in Miami Beach, Nirvana Spa used to be a nightclub called Chevy's. Now in its eighth year of existence under the ownership of Ukranian Semone Zamyatin, Nirvana Spa has become, he says, "A great place to hang out and even meet people."
The vibe: Nirvana Spa is laidback and that's the way owner Zamyatin wants it to stay. A hodgepodge of Greek, Italian, Morroccan and Russian sorts, Zamyatin says, "There's an eclectic feeling here - there's no place else like this. We keep things casual."
The highlights: Ask anyone who's been to Nirvana Spa and they'll sing to the praises of its all-cedar Russian sauna, Turkish hammam, Finnish sauna, aromatherapy steam room and 32-degree plunge pool. Zamyatin adds, "We're a one-stop shop and guests don't have to go somewhere else for other services." And that's the truth. With 40 different massage and body treatments under one roof, there's no need to schlep around town.
And this isn't your typical health and wellness center, either. Aside from the standard services (massages, facials, gym, tanning beds, gym, body treatments), there's even a certified hypnotherapist and colon hydrotherapy therapist in-house. A yoga studio, juice bar and salon are also on hand. But the cherry on top? A door located at spa's tail end leads to the sun-kissed beach.
The sweet deal: Mention this story and get two for one entry ($28). Offer good for first-time customers only; expires March 1.
Nirvana Spa, Dezerland Beach Resort & Spa, 8701 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach; 305-867-4850
Been pampered here? Leave a review!
- The Showroom Opens In Coconut Grove
- Your Go-To Shopping Guide for Art Basel Miami Beach
- Get Gorgeous At Miami's Best Beauty Emporium
- It's FINALLY here! Brickell City Centre Mall is Opening for Business
- Pop-Up Spas are Now a Thing...
- Nordstrom Rack Opening a New South Florida Store!
- Sawgrass Mills Mall Announces More New Stores!
- Time to slay with your Halloween costume courtesy of these Miami shops
- Upper Buena Vista to Up its BoHo Retail Game
- Hollywood Stars Love This Treatment. You Will Too