Spa fancy: mySpa
What's better than a massage? A massage on sale, of course. Get $30 your next on at this downtown pampering spot.
By Kathryn Wexler
The lowdown: Once you get past the spa's exceedingly blah name, brave the hotel's chaotic lobby and the hotel guests who must traipse through the spa entrance to get to the pool, mySpa boasts an expansive and substantial feel that only the biggest spas can offer. There's a very handsome relaxation room, dressing room, steam room, dry sauna and showers for women, ditto for men. Treatment rooms total 10, including a double. Manicures and pedicures are performed in private, small and quiet pods in the spa lobby.
Bonus: Book a service and get free use of the pool and well-appointed gym.
Double bonus: Valet parking is complimentary for up to four hours with any spa service.
The 'hood: Downtown Miami. The seamless valet system makes blowing in and
out a breeze.
The vibe: Upscale, tranquil, luxe. There's dark wood, dim lighting, slate and smart design -- all very Armani.
The highlights: Spa director Laura Kain says the water jet capsule, with its radiant heat, chakra lights and 23 pulsating water jets and more, is the only one of its kind Miami. An add-on to other services, it's $30 for 30 minutes and "a very intense experience," Kain said. She also notes that all massage therapists are trained in several massage techniques, and you don't need to pay more for say, shiatsu, than you do for Swedish. Massages are $130 for 60 minutes or $195 for 90 minutes. Body treatments start at $75 for a 30-minute polish, and teens have their own personalized services, starting at $45 for a manicure.
InterContinental Miami, 100 Chopin Plaza, Miami; 305 372-4444
- The Florida Keys Outlet Center
- Create Your Own Chuck Taylor All Star Sneakers
- More Reasons to Love Dadeland Mall
- Poshmark Invites You to its Sassy Summer Style #PoshParty
- Adrienne Bosh Brings Paris to Miami
- Find Your Fleek: Eyebrow Design Innovates Miami Beauty Scene
- Favor App Launches Miami Delivery Service
- Suit up! There’s a New Menswear Mecca in Town
- Miami Swim Week 2015 Recap
- Lilly Pulitzer Opens First Miami Store