Spa fancy: Men n Cure
Reader discounts galore at this masculinized salon/spa, where men can be pampered while enjoying a beer and watching ESPN.
By Kathryn Wexler
The lowdown: Guys are handed a complimentary Corona upon arrival at this tiny salon/spa. Said Lily Gasset, co-owner with her brother, Carlos: "We've masculinized everything." Pedicures are called "foot care," manicures are "hand care." Open since February, Men-n-Cure also has two barber chairs and a massage chair. The technicians are women with at least three years' experience in cosmetology. Gasset says they're ''cleanliness fanatics." The prices are great, to boot. There's a flat-panel TV across from the foot care stations, so customers can watch ESPN while getting their feet scrubbed. "I want to make men feel comfortable about getting their backs waxed," Gasset added.
The 'hood: Look hard or you'll miss Men-n-Cure. The entrance to the upstairs salon/spa is tucked into the beginning of the alley between Repair Clocks and Watches and Por Fin Restaurant. Metered parking is available on Andalusia Avenue and in a public parking lot across the street on the same block.
The vibe: Nothing chichi or grand, Men-n-Cure has an atmosphere that is simple, casual, masculine.
The highlights: Gasset has found what she says is the perfect wax for removing ear hair, $5, and -- get this -- nostril hair, $10, (she swears they don't go far enough up the nose to make it hurt that bad.) A brow wax is $10, chest wax is $35. An Express Handcare service includes clipping, shaping and buffing, cuticle care and a hand massage, for $17. A back treatment (like a facial but for your back) includes extractions and costs $65 for
30 minutes. Don't worry: They put up a privacy screen.
Men-n-Cure Salon and Day Spa for Men; 208 Andalusia Ave., Coral Gables; 305-460-9993
- Pop-Up Spas are Now a Thing...
- Upper Buena Vista to Up its BoHo Retail Game
- Hollywood Stars Love This Treatment. You Will Too
- Best Balayage in Miami: Gabriel Samra Hair Salon
- Behold the Uber of Nail Salons, Miami
- Where to eat and what to do in Cauley Square
- Louis Vuitton's Latest Launch Is Heavenly Scent
- Where to get $109 spa treatments through October
- For the Love of Frida Kahlo — and her Fashionista Ways
- Serpentine Style: Meet Python Handbag Designer Ximena Kavalekas