Spa fancy: Me Day Spa
Sweet deals await you at this hidden gem, where, if you can think of it, they can wax it.
By Kathryn Wexler
The lowdown: Me Day Spa? When was the last time your spa experience wasn't about you? But this sunlit bungalow instantly reminds us why the world loves Miami Beach: exposed beams, wooden slats, white walls and oversized windows gives this hideaway, which opened last year as a medical spa under the direction of cosmetic surgeon Paul Wigoda (who administers Botox and fillers there when he's not performing surgery at his Fort Lauderdale office) an old Florida feel. Me also offers teeth whitening, hair removal and spider vein treatments. There are three unadorned treatment rooms, a mani/pedi area and a bright, full-service hair salon. A full selection of Eminence, the organic product line with a cult following, is available here. And for return customers, there's special consideration. "With clients who do everything here every two weeks," spa director Sonia Fardales said, "I always extend some sort of discount."
The 'hood: You won't notice Me Day Spa from the street. Sandwiched between Lime Mexican Grill and Mia Jewels boutique, you actually have to walk to the back of the outdoor restaurant patio to reach the spa entrance. Never (ever!) park at the strip mall just north of this little retail cluster on Alton Road. You probably know all about those salivating tow truck drivers in Miami Beach. Instead, go the distance and park in a regular, metered spot -- even if you have to circle to find one.
The vibe: Languid and tropical.
The highlights: The Eminence facial with paprika is said to give you a charming glow, at $110. If you can think of it, Me Day Spa can wax it, from $10 for the chin to $120 for the entire body. Single process hair color starts at $55. For the time-challenged, deep tissue massages are offered for 30 minutes at $30.
The sweet deal: The spa also offers first-time customers a free blowout and flat iron styling ($45 value) when you purchase $50 worth of Kérastase products. Also for first-time customers, buy a spa pedicure ($36) and get a free manicure ($16 value).
Me Day Spa, 1439 Alton Rd., Miami Beach; 305-534-6363; MeDaySpa.com
Been pampered here? Leave a review!
- 11 Best Miami Beauty Salons
- New Botox and Filler Bar on Miami Beach Gives “Taking Shots” A Whole New Meaning
- Huge Sale at The Fontainebleau Soon!
- Breaking Beauty News: Two Drybar Locations to Open in Miami
- Everything You Need to Know About Microblading Your Brows in Miami
- 4 Miami Makeup Artists to Book
- Men Love Bonobos Shorts. And Bonobos loves Wynwood. See Why...
- Liquido: Seriously Cute Workout Clothes That Will Actually Make You Want To Hit The Gym
- 5 Things You Need to Know About the New Givenchy Store at Aventura Mall
- What is actually trending in swimwear for 2016?