Spa fancy: Lapis @ Fontainebleau
This spa welcomes the South Beach weary for a chance to rejuvenate and relax in the lap luxury.
By Aurora Rodríguez
The scene: Spa lovers should leave all those preconceived notions of what a place of relaxation should be all about behind when visiting this 40,000 square-foot and two-floor retreat. While Lapis is all about restorative and renewing the body and the spirit with an array of aquatic treatments - with pools and showers featuring mineral rich water in different forms and environments - its size and glamorous white décor alludes to more of a toned-down club-like atmosphere with relaxing music and a selection of hot teas and healthy bites to help you get rid of that Red Bull and vodka hangover that you gained from last night. Relaxation has never been this hip.
The ‘hood: The hotel is located Miami’s own “Millionaire’s Row”. Valet parking is discounted and metered parking is also available in the area.
The vibe: The spa welcomes the South Beach weary for a chance to rejuvenate and relax in the lap luxury.
The highlights: Start your visit with an immersion mineral water jet bath for 7 to 10 minutes, a treatment which will have you slipping into 104 Fahrenheit-degree water soaked in red seaweed extract which deliver detoxifying nutrients to the body, or lay back and relax on one of their heated hammam benches, inspired by the culture of Istanbul and Morocco. Then, head upstairs to try on of their signature treatments such as the sensually titled S&M in Miami – a 110-minute treatment featuring a spherical sun and moon massage and peel to relax your body ($250) – or indulge in a classic 50-minute Swedish rub-down ($140), which uses light strokes to relieve tension and stress.
The spa also offers mini-treatments such as 25-minute The Quickie ($75), a massage which concentrates on areas of choice that you feel have accumulated the most tension. Your stiletto-tired feet will be thankful.
The sweet deal: Mention this story and get 25 percent off any 50 to 80 minute spa service (not salon or nail services) booked for a day between Sunday and Thursday. Valid May 1 to September 30, 2009.
Lapis at the Fontainebleau, 4441 Collins Avenue, Miami ; (305) 674-4772, www.fontainebleau.com.
- 5 New Reasons to Visit Miami International Mall
- 11 Best Miami Beauty Salons
- New Botox and Filler Bar on Miami Beach Gives “Taking Shots” A Whole New Meaning
- Huge Sale at The Fontainebleau Soon!
- Breaking Beauty News: Two Drybar Locations to Open in Miami
- Everything You Need to Know About Microblading Your Brows in Miami
- 4 Miami Makeup Artists to Book
- Men Love Bonobos Shorts. And Bonobos loves Wynwood. See Why...
- Liquido: Seriously Cute Workout Clothes That Will Actually Make You Want To Hit The Gym
- 5 Things You Need to Know About the New Givenchy Store at Aventura Mall