Spa Fancy: Lace Beauty Lab
SoBe's South of Fifth Street finally has a neighborhood salon -- and it's a good one.
By Aurora Rodríguez
The lowdown: South of Fifth Street is South Beach's relaxed residential oasis, featuring a laid-back beachy stretch where locals can go to escape the tourist traps and mega clubs. So it's only fitting that the breezy area would welcome Lace Beauty Lab. The twin sister of Lace Nail Lab in West Avenue on Miami Beach not only offers their signature manis and pedis and Sunday mimosas, but also boasts a salon in the back where guys and gals can get primped and prepped. "There's a lot of guys in this area so we want them to feel comfortable when they walk in here," said salon owner Anna Elizabeth of the location's chic décor by designer Doug Meyer, which includes silver walls, Moroccan accents and candy-colored details. "While the vibe is definitely girly, we have added some services for men. And, what man doesn't want to be surrounded by beautiful women while getting a pedi?"
Have nothing to wear? Browse through their lobby boutique, where you can snag a quirky designer dress, sandals or accessories.
The 'hood: Residential, lightly sprinkled with restaurants, wine shops and the occasional brewpub. The salon is located across from Joe's Stone Crab, so plenty of metered parking is available on neighboring streets. Just remember to bring flip-flops so you don't smudge your pretty tootsies on the walk back.
The vibe: Vintage Hollywood glam.
The highlights: Gals can bring their BFF for a "Girls Night Out" package for two ($400), which includes two signature mani/pedis, 20% off any retail purchase, two makeup applications and two blowouts. There's also the "Date Night" package ($150), which includes a LACE signature mani/pedi, makeup application, eyebrow and lip wax and blowout.
Lace Beauty Lab, 500 South Pointe Dr., South Beach; 305-532-0190
Gotten pampered here? Leave a review!
- 5 Things You Need to Know About the New Givenchy Store at Aventura Mall
- What is actually trending in swimwear for 2016?
- Summer Get-Fit Tips by Miami’s Celebrity Trainer
- Preserve your pretty in spite of Miami's hot summer sun
- Knock-Off Handbags are Aplenty in Miami — But the Real Deal is Always Better
- Prepare to be blown away! Blo Aventura Blow Dry Bar to Open
- Celebrities Love Makeup Artist Charlotte Tilbury. Find Out Why!
- 5 Summer Skin Tips from Miami’s Best-Kept Secret — Dr. Leonard Tachmes
- 9 favorite looks from Sunday's Miami Swim Week shows
- 9 favorite looks from Saturday's Miami Swim Week shows