Spa Fancy: Jurlique Spa at the Mayfair
This spa goes au naturel (and we don't just mean the tiny paper thongs you'll be asked to wear).
By Melissa Cantor
The lowdown: Located on the second floor of the recently revamped Mayfair Hotel and Spa in Coconut Grove, the local outpost of the Australian spa chain is all about going au naturel (and we don’t just mean the tiny paper thongs you’ll be asked to sport). All the treatments offered here are hypo-allergenic, and Jurlique Spa even grows its own herbs and plants to ensure that the ingredients in its beauty products are certified organic. With the well-being of the planet also in mind, every product is entirely biodegradable, and nothing is tested on animals.
The ’hood: Just blocks away from busy CocoWalk, the Mayfair Hotel and Spa, with its open-air atrium and sunlit interior, is a serene oasis that strikes a decidedly Zen note throughout. Valet parking is complimentary with each spa visit.
The vibe: Relaxed. This isn’t a spa that tries too hard with pick-a-Tarot-card gimmicks or dolphin-cry soundtracks. The space is quiet, and the therapists let the treatments speak for themselves.
The highlights: The water therapies might be the one departure the spa takes from its planet-friendly practices, but we nonetheless recommend adding a pre-treatment bath (30 minutes, $50) to your Jurlique experience. The Vichy Nirvana (60 minutes, $130), during which you’ll receive a body massage while also getting massaged by warm water jets, could likely make a convert out of Al Gore. In need of a serious pick-me-up? Opt for the Renew (3 hours and 30 minutes, $430) or Retreat (6 hours and 30 minutes, $620) rituals, which package several treatments into one: the experiences commence with a body scrub and/or wrap, segue into a massage and facial, and conclude with a light lunch.
The sweet deal: Locals get 50 percent off treatments on Mondays and Tuesdays through May 30, 2009. Finally, Miami’s scored its own May Fair.
Jurlique Spa at the Mayfair, 3000 Florida Ave., Coconut Grove; 305-441-0000
- Where to eat and what to do in Cauley Square
- For the Love of Frida Kahlo — and her Fashionista Ways
- Serpentine Style: Meet Python Handbag Designer Ximena Kavalekas
- 5 New Reasons to Visit Miami International Mall
- 11 Best Miami Beauty Salons
- New Botox and Filler Bar on Miami Beach Gives “Taking Shots” A Whole New Meaning
- Huge Sale at The Fontainebleau Soon!
- Breaking Beauty News: Two Drybar Locations to Open in Miami
- Everything You Need to Know About Microblading Your Brows in Miami
- 4 Miami Makeup Artists to Book