Spa fancy: Intima
This hidden gem isn't for those who want to see and be seen. Then again, who wants to see your corn feet anyway?
By Kathryn Wexler
The lowdown: From the street, there's no way to know this little neighborhood gem is there. Intima Spa owner Lenora Fremuth says code enforcers made her take down her sign. "Once you get here, you love it," she says. "But you have to get here." Once you do, you'll find a tiny facility with big windows, gentle music, flickering candles and friendly service. There are two ambiant rooms for massage, facials and waxing. A sunny mani/pedi room has a flat-panel TV. A standing tanning capsule is a favorite of tourists disappointed by rain. Fremuth is originally from Chicago, and ran the salon at the Eden Roc before breaking out on her own. She is humble and gracious. "I wanted people to know they're appreciated here -- I need them," she says.
The 'hood: Next to Grillfish restaurant, go to the end of the alcove to find Intima Spa. Machine-metered parking available on the street.
The vibe: Intimate, warm, unpretentious. As Fremuth says, "If you want to go to a spa to be seen, this ain't it. But you will have our complete attention."
The highlights: Pre- and postnatal massage are offered for $150 for 75 minutes, or $175 for 90 minutes. A brow wax is $15, and a Cocktail Spa Pedicure for $45 includes a foot mask, scrub, massage and hot towels.
Intima Spa, 1434 Collins Ave., No. 4, Miami Beach; 305-695-8999
Gotten pampered here? Leave a review!
- How To Black Friday and Cyber Monday Like a Boss
- The Showroom Opens In Coconut Grove
- Your Go-To Shopping Guide for Art Basel Miami Beach
- Get Gorgeous At Miami's Best Beauty Emporium
- It's FINALLY here! Brickell City Centre Mall is Opening for Business
- Pop-Up Spas are Now a Thing...
- Nordstrom Rack Opening a New South Florida Store!
- Sawgrass Mills Mall Announces More New Stores!
- Time to slay with your Halloween costume courtesy of these Miami shops
- Upper Buena Vista to Up its BoHo Retail Game