Spa fancy: Imagos Wellness Center
You’ll feel like you’re at your long lost relative's house once you step foot inside this mom and pop owned spa.
By Annie Vazquez
The lowdown: You’ll feel like you’re at your long lost relatives house once you step foot inside this mom and pop owned spa which offers all the services of a swanky facility minus the high prices.
The hood’: After twelve years at their Kendall locale, Imagos Wellness Center has upgraded to a two-story house in South Miami suburbia. Right on traffic congested Sunset Drive, the boutique spa is a quiet refuge from all the hustle and bustle. Parking is easy in their private lot.
The vibe: Homey and cozy with a dab of Asian flair, this health retreat is all about letting you get your R&R. Ocean sounds and soothing classical music pours out of speakers in every room. Buddha statutes, water cascading from small fountains, orchids bursting in color and white embroidery linen adds a delicate touch. Rooms on the first floor are all named after earth elements like stone and ocean while the top floor is dubbed after air elements like rainbow and cloud. Owner Carmen Sanchez says she designed the spa to be simple with a holistic concept.
The highlights: Miami heat can wreak havoc on your pores or worst make you break out, but a 60 minute Rejuvenating facial ($95) can get your complexion glowing again. It’s customized to suit your skin’s needs. Love the smell of flowers? Take a quick dip in The Rose Petal Dream Bath ($70). The 20 minute treatment soothes achy muscles and releases tension with warm water, aromatherapy oils and mineral salts. Something a little bit more therapeutic is the 75 minute Hot Stone massage ($120). It uses hot stones on sore areas of the body to relieve stress.
The sweet deal: Mention this article and receive a second service at 50% off with the purchase of one regular priced service.
Imagos Wellness Center, 6340 Sunset Drive., South Miami; 305.271.0710. Hours: Tuesday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- New Botox and Filler Bar on Miami Beach Gives “Taking Shots” A Whole New Meaning
- Huge Sale at The Fontainebleau Soon!
- Breaking Beauty News: Two Drybar Locations to Open in Miami
- Everything You Need to Know About Microblading Your Brows in Miami
- 4 Miami Makeup Artists to Book
- Men Love Bonobos Shorts. And Bonobos loves Wynwood. See Why...
- Liquido: Seriously Cute Workout Clothes That Will Actually Make You Want To Hit The Gym
- 5 Things You Need to Know About the New Givenchy Store at Aventura Mall
- What is actually trending in swimwear for 2016?
- Summer Get-Fit Tips by Miami’s Celebrity Trainer