Spa fancy: GBS the Beauty Store Coral Gables
A quick product test-drive and salon experience are a mere few feet away at this spot.
By Virginia Gil
The lowdown: A quick product test-drive and salon experience are footsteps apart at GBS Beauty Supply in Coral Gables. A trained staff of professionals offers services from blowouts to facials, using an array of skincare lines, beauty products and the latest styling tools.
The ‘hood: Miracle Mile’s Bridezilla Block is home to this hybrid salon-shop, so be weary of brides-to-be stampeding through. Also, Coral Gables may have an abundance of meter maids, but the actual meters are scarce. Bring lots of change and be prepared to circle the block for a parking spot or find one of the nearby garages.
The vibe: Aside from the occasional boisterous customer, the scene inside is typically serene.
The highlights: The salon has new treatment rooms, so now’s a good time to book a facial. Choose from 30 minutes or a leisurely 60-minute treatment, starting at $65. An added bonus: Customers receive deep discounts on products bought after their treatment. Couple your new sultry skin with a manicure and pedicure priced at $15 and $30, respectively. For a full-service experience, finish up with a haircut ($45) and blowout ($25). Eyebrow shaping is $15, but book a facial service and a certified GBS aesthetician will tame your brows for free.
The sweet deal: Receive a free eyebrow shaping with any facial service, plus 20 percent off services when you mention this story. Offer valid through July 31st.
GBS, The Beauty Store, 308 Miracle Mile, Coral Gables, 305-446-6654, gbsbeauty.com. Hours: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday, noon to 5 p.m. Sunday.
- The Florida Keys Outlet Center
- Create Your Own Chuck Taylor All Star Sneakers
- More Reasons to Love Dadeland Mall
- Poshmark Invites You to its Sassy Summer Style #PoshParty
- Adrienne Bosh Brings Paris to Miami
- Find Your Fleek: Eyebrow Design Innovates Miami Beauty Scene
- Favor App Launches Miami Delivery Service
- Suit up! There’s a New Menswear Mecca in Town
- Miami Swim Week 2015 Recap
- Lilly Pulitzer Opens First Miami Store