Spa fancy: Full Bodied Wine & Spa
Because sometimes you need a drink and a massage.
By Maria Tettamanti
The lowdown: Winos, there's a new twist on wine tasting in town and it involves using the fruit of the gods on both your body and soul. At "vino-therapy" Full Bodied Wine & Spa, grapes are the goodies behind all spa treatments and gifts for purchase. Adding on to its buzz factor, actual wine tastings are given throughout the day for spa clients.
The 'hood: Located on the first floor of CocoWalk, Full Bodied Wine & Spa is the latest tenant to join Coconut Grove's grooviest entertainment, dining and shopping destination.
The vibe: Owners and married couple Francie Huber (yes, the professional contemporary dancer hailing from Paul Taylor Dance Company) and Emile Mourad wanted to create a space that embodied one of their passions: wine. "We created a minimalist, well-lit, bright, airy and cheery spot for clients to simply relax," Mourad says. The three treatment rooms are *****-and-span white while the shop's wines and home goods are openly displayed to encourage touching and feeling.
The highlights: Hedonists will love the selection of spa treatments and wines. All massages, facials, manicures, pedicures and hair treatments are given with grape-based Caudalie and Divine products. "In this economy, people need to relax and we based our prices around that," Mourad says of spa treatment costs.
Also up for grabs are wine, candles, hair products, stemware and even furniture. "You can find a $200 bottle of Telegraphe Bordeaux to a $14 Gran Vecco malbec," Mourad says. Ports and champagnes are also on hand as are Riedel glasses, Blomus wine accessories, Howard Miller furniture, Seda France and Voluspa candles and Kérastase hair care.
The sweet deal: Mention this article and get 10% off your spa treatment.
Full Bodied Wine & Spa, CocoWalk suite 116, 3015 Grand Avenue Coconut Grove; 305-444-1085.
Been pampered here? Leave a review!
- Nine places to shop in Coconut Grove that captures the neighborhood’s personality
- Where is the newest H&M going to open in South Florida? We know all the details
- Coral Gables native and Miami-based designer Alexis Barbara Isaias shares her local musts.
- 5 More Reasons Shopping at The Falls in Miami Just Got More Fabulous
- Dolphin Mall Shopping Guide
- Not Just for Art--the Best of Wynwood's Indie Boutiques
- Dive Into Summer with Clinique's Pop-Up Truck
- 14 Street Style Looks at Miami Fashion Week that Show What’s Trending in the Magic City
- 6 Can’t Miss Miami Spa Month Retreats
- 5 Reasons Miami Spa Month is The Best