Spa fancy: Cutler/Redken Salon
Miami plays host to this New York salon's third stylish branch.
By Aurora Rodríguez
The lowdown: Cutler/Redken Salon presents its hair designs every season during Fashion Week in New York and in Los Angeles. Now Miami plays host to its third stylish branch. Owned by Rodney Cutler - of Cutler/Redken Salons in New York - the place offers locals a chance to try a new look, or refresh their current one, in a high-fashion environment.
The ’hood: The salon is located on the first floor at the Gansevoort South Hotel on Collins Avenue. It draws a lot of tourist traffic, but locals are discovering Cutler/Redken, too. Arrive early and have some coffee at Café Bustelo next door or window-shop at Big Drop NYC boutique. Valet parking is discounted to $16 with validation from the salon, and metered spots are available across the street.
The vibe: Supermodel chic. You enter the salon to pulsing beats of techno music and are offered green tea. Efficiency is prized - you’ll move through salon stations quickly - but you’ll still receive friendly service.
The highlights: Cutler/Redken’s focus is on hair treatments and cuts. Come by for a signature Cutler cut ($90 to $200, depending on the stylist) and add a Redken chemistry treatment for $25, which will soften your locks and help keep the frizz away. A single-process color - brunette and jet-black shades are popular in the salon now - starts at $80. A selection of Cutler products, tailored to a variety of hair types, are available right by the exit.
The sweet deal: Mention this story and get 30 percent off a cut and/or a color through July 15.
Cutler/Redken Salon at the Gansevoort South Hotel, 2377 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; 305-672-4499 or cutlersalon.com. Hours: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday through Thursday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday.
- Where to eat and what to do in Cauley Square
- For the Love of Frida Kahlo — and her Fashionista Ways
- Serpentine Style: Meet Python Handbag Designer Ximena Kavalekas
- 5 New Reasons to Visit Miami International Mall
- 11 Best Miami Beauty Salons
- New Botox and Filler Bar on Miami Beach Gives “Taking Shots” A Whole New Meaning
- Huge Sale at The Fontainebleau Soon!
- Breaking Beauty News: Two Drybar Locations to Open in Miami
- Everything You Need to Know About Microblading Your Brows in Miami
- 4 Miami Makeup Artists to Book