Spa fancy: Coldwater Creek, The Spa
You may not dig their Southwestern-style clothing, but those folks out west sure know how to give a rubdown.
By Kathryn Wexler
The lowdown: Coldwater Creek, a relaxed, Southwestern-style clothing company, branched out a few years ago into the spa business, with nine day spas nationwide, but only one on the East Coast. Set next to the Coldwater Creek store, The Spa is an easy getaway from the retail crush at The Shops. Here, you can have your hair blown-out (from $35) or your body scrubbed with pomegranate and salts ($90 for 50 minutes). For regular maintenance, there are glycolic facials ($150 for 80 minutes) and waxing (starting at $15). Don't know the first thing about applying your makeup? There's a cosmetic application or consultation just for you (starting at $15).
The 'hood: The Shops is meant to feel like a village and thus the area has more charm than most retail complexes. Parking is free and on a recent weekday afternoon was very easy to find.
The vibe: Relaxing and clean. Guests are indulged in a welcoming foot soak and massage tables are doubly wide. Once you leave the lobby, you'll never know that Banana Republic and Loehmann's beckon so nearby.
The highlights: For a brief, low-maintenance hiatus from shopping, spa manager Laura Monroe suggests The Ultimate Pedicure. The service is performed while clients recline ($80 for 80 minutes). Reflexology, too, is another favorite for those wanting only to take a load off. It includes a welcoming foot wash, tender massage that starts gently and grows strong, also while reclining ($45 for 35 minutes). For those needing retail therapy of a different kind, consider a spa package (starting at $235 for 2 hours, 15 minutes), which includes facials, massages and other treats.
Coldwater Creek, The Spa, The Shops at Pembroke Gardens, 322 SW 145th Terr, Pembroke Pines; 954-436-1251
Gotten pampered here? Leave a review!
- Swim Street Style: Who wore it best at the MBFW SWIM shows
- Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week SWIM runway reviews - Day 3
- Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week SWIM runway reviews - Day 2
- Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week SWIM runway reviews - Day 1
- Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week SWIM heats up at opening party
- RSVP: Miami.com users invited to Salon Allure Opening Party on Friday
- The Top Three Trends of the 90s That Are Back Again
- Swim Talk with La Perla’s Suzy Biszantz
- Dive Into Swim Week 2014
- Open-to-the-Public Swim Week 2014 Events