Spa fancy: Coco's Day Spa & Salon
If even thinking about braving Sawgrass Mills makes you tense up, then you'll need a visit to this place.
By Kathryn Wexler
The lowdown: If you come to The Colonnade, it's probably not for a facial but for some sharply discounted Cole Haan shoes. But as you meander around the shops -- Valentino, Burberry, Neiman's Last Call -- you'll pass by Coco's Day Spa & Salon. And, at first blush, you will probably assume that the place is more salon than spa. You will be right. There are 16 hair stations, and room for eight concurrent manicures and four pedicures. But on the opposite side of the wall is a hushed, long, orange-tinted hallway leading to five treatment rooms where you can get a hot stone massage, body polish or teen facial. Sound-muffling materials were used to construct the spa side of the business, so the hair dryers shouldn't disturb you while you're winding down from retail therapy.
The 'hood: Sawgrass Mills is a sprawling, dizzying retail complex. A road circles the stores, but it's easy to get confused as the stores are often too far away to discern their names. Coco's is between Rainforest Cafe and St. John Knits.
The vibe: Sequestered and calm -- once you leave the salon side. There's no lounge, but a couch being
shipped from Italy will be placed at the end of the hallway.
The highlights: Dermalogica products are used for all facials, and there's a range of massage modalities. A Reflexology Pedicure sounds divine ($65 and up). The Oxygen Therapy Facial is said to improve fine lines and dryness ($100 for 50 minutes). And Bitton swears by the Hot Rock Massage ($100 for 50 minutes). In a Bamboo Massage, bamboo sticks are rolled over the body, and a hand massage is also incorporated ($115 for 50 minutes).
The sweet deal: Mention this story when you buy a 50-minute massage (starts at $70) or 50-minute facial (starts at $75), and get a free spa manicure ($18 value). Or, buy both a massage and facial (starts at $145) and choose between a free manicure and pedicure ($48 value) or a free blow-out (starts at $35).
Coco's Day Spa & Salon, The Colonnade, Sawgrass Mills, 12801 W. Sunrise Blvd., Sunrise; 954-514-0911
Been pampered here? Leave a review!
- 5 New Reasons to Visit Miami International Mall
- 11 Best Miami Beauty Salons
- New Botox and Filler Bar on Miami Beach Gives “Taking Shots” A Whole New Meaning
- Huge Sale at The Fontainebleau Soon!
- Breaking Beauty News: Two Drybar Locations to Open in Miami
- Everything You Need to Know About Microblading Your Brows in Miami
- 4 Miami Makeup Artists to Book
- Men Love Bonobos Shorts. And Bonobos loves Wynwood. See Why...
- Liquido: Seriously Cute Workout Clothes That Will Actually Make You Want To Hit The Gym
- 5 Things You Need to Know About the New Givenchy Store at Aventura Mall