Spa Fancy: Casbah Spa and Salon
It's just like going to Morocco -- except you get massages instead of malaria.
By Aurora Rodríguez
The lowdown: At Casbah Spa and Salon, a Moroccan-inspired space located across from the Galleria mall in Fort Lauderdale, everybody seems to know your name and girls getaways and mother/daughter afternoons are highly encouraged. A small boutique selling everything from retro aprons to Swarovski-encrusted Havaiana flip-flops greets customers before they sneak away to one of the dimly lit yet colorfully draped private rooms for a service.
The 'hood: This part of Sunrise Boulevard is breezy, residential and quiet, and free parking is plentiful across from the salon as well as in designated spots in the adjacent parking garage.
The vibe: Sweet 16's, bachelorette parties and girly duos abound; the gossip and giggles flow over mimosas, ice cream and cucumber-infused water.
The highlights: The Coffee Pedicure ($75) invites you to slurp Starbucks coffee ice cream as your tootsies soak in a milk and coffee bean mix. The Rock the Casbah massage ($95 for 50 minutes) is a Swedish massage that incorporates basalt lava stones at body temperature to boost the body's own circulatory system and help it heal its everyday stresses.
The sweet deal: Mention this story and get a 20 percent off the spa's signature Coffee Pedicure.
Casbah Spa and Salon, Sunrise Harbor, 1000 Seminole Dr, Ste 200, Fort Lauderdale; 954-630-0633
Been pampered here? Leave a review!
- The Showroom Opens In Coconut Grove
- Your Go-To Shopping Guide for Art Basel Miami Beach
- Get Gorgeous At Miami's Best Beauty Emporium
- It's FINALLY here! Brickell City Centre Mall is Opening for Business
- Pop-Up Spas are Now a Thing...
- Nordstrom Rack Opening a New South Florida Store!
- Sawgrass Mills Mall Announces More New Stores!
- Time to slay with your Halloween costume courtesy of these Miami shops
- Upper Buena Vista to Up its BoHo Retail Game
- Hollywood Stars Love This Treatment. You Will Too