Spa fancy: Canyon Ranch Salon
You haven't had a "members-only" experience since the '80s -- and this one will actually make you look good.
By Valerie Nahmad
The lowdown: The intimate, tucked-away salon is the cheapest way to penetrate the (presumably fabulous) Canyon Ranch walls. Spa services are only accessible via a hotel stay or day pass ($330 and up), but the salon is fair game to anyone interested in hair, nail or waxing appointments. Leave your car with the valet (parking is comped with validation), stroll through the serene lobby (guests mill about in sweats) and take the elevator to the fourth floor.
The 'hood: Perpetually under construction North Beach. Collins Avenue on one side, the sparkling Atlantic on the other.
The vibe: Earthy chic - smooth, dark woods; clean, white floors; floor-to-ceiling windows. Peppy, uber-friendly staff.
The highlights: The salon's Mayami Tropical Feet Treat (60 minutes, $95, billed as a "pedicure you can eat." Soak in coconut milk, exfoliate with sugarcane and key limes, moisturize with coconut oil and polish with vegan Spa Rituals lacquer. All ingredients are organic and freshly mixed, sliced and juiced. Other highlights include the Age-Defying Manicure (50 minutes, $80), the Canyon Stone Pedicure (80 minutes, $130) and the Custom Blend Hair & Scalp Treatment (50 minutes, $50 and up).
The sweet deal: Mention this story and get a complimentary upgrade of a French polish or paraffin treatment (a $15 value).
Canyon Ranch Salon, 6801 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; 305-514-7000
Been pampered here? Leave a review!
- Where is the newest H&M going to open in South Florida? We know all the details
- Coral Gables native and Miami-based designer Alexis Barbara Isaias shares her local musts.
- 5 More Reasons Shopping at The Falls in Miami Just Got More Fabulous
- Dolphin Mall Shopping Guide
- Not Just for Art--the Best of Wynwood's Indie Boutiques
- Dive Into Summer with Clinique's Pop-Up Truck
- 14 Street Style Looks at Miami Fashion Week that Show What’s Trending in the Magic City
- 6 Can’t Miss Miami Spa Month Retreats
- 5 Reasons Miami Spa Month is The Best
- Father's Day Gift Guide