Spa fancy: Brownes Beauty Lounge
Get spiffed up at this Lincoln Road beauty institution.
By Kathryn Wexler
The lowdown: If you've been on Lincoln Road, you've probably noticed the storefront of this aromatic, homey, overflowing beauty supply boutique. You might not have realized, however, that there's an extensive salon and also a day spa upstairs. The eight treatment rooms are named after and decorated like exotic locales, including Shanghai, Marrakesh, Mumbai and Mykonos. The relaxation lounge is called Kyoto, and has a skylight from the building's original 1925 stairwell.
Owners Gary Feinberg and wife Nikki Mallon have tailored the menu to appeal to repeat, local customers, Feinberg said, with prices lower than those at South Beach hotels. The couple also focuses on wellness, shunning the spa race to acquire the apparatus of the day. "What we're not about is machines -- any sort of microderm- or invasive or intrusive treatment," Feinberg said. "We're really about touch and high-quality products... and I also like to think we're doing some healing as well. It's not just about beauty."
Yet, if beauty is your thing, you'll find plenty to do here.
The 'hood: Lively Lincoln Road. Park in public lots scattered on north and south sides of Lincoln.
The vibe: Worldly, authentic, paradoxically happening yet serene.
The highlights: Yonka Aroma Facial is the most requested facial here, and includes a deep cleansing with extractions and suitable mask ($90 for 60 minutes), but the MD Skincare Facial and Alpha Beta Peel sounds extra promising ($115 for 60 minutes). There's a Black Pepper Slim & Detox treatment designed to help those cellulite patches ($120 for 60 minutes). The Dr. Hauschka Rosemary Footbath is meant to relieve sole fatigue ($40 for 45 minutes).
Brownes Beauty Lounge, 841 Lincoln Rd., Miami Beach; 305-538-7544.
Been pampered here? Leave a review!
- Nine places to shop in Coconut Grove that captures the neighborhood’s personality
- Where is the newest H&M going to open in South Florida? We know all the details
- Coral Gables native and Miami-based designer Alexis Barbara Isaias shares her local musts.
- 5 More Reasons Shopping at The Falls in Miami Just Got More Fabulous
- Dolphin Mall Shopping Guide
- Not Just for Art--the Best of Wynwood's Indie Boutiques
- Dive Into Summer with Clinique's Pop-Up Truck
- 14 Street Style Looks at Miami Fashion Week that Show What’s Trending in the Magic City
- 6 Can’t Miss Miami Spa Month Retreats
- 5 Reasons Miami Spa Month is The Best