Spa fancy: Agua at The Delano
Get a free upgrade or a free gift at the fancy SoBe hotel's fancy spa, which just got even fancier.
By Jessica Sick
The lowdown: The eminent Miami Beach hotel known for its white palette and Alice In Wonderland-like decor recently completed a much-needed expansion of its penthouse spa, Agua. The space now encompasses 3,500 square feet, with sparkly new terrazzo floors, Brazilian glass tiles, Murano chandeliers and two relaxation areas. The eight treatment rooms now include walls (hospital-like curtains once separated the rooms), a couples' suite and two Vichy shower rooms. Stock up on products by organic Luzerne Laboratories and cosmeceutical Somme Institute in the boutique.
The 'hood: Located on Collins Avenue, on the north end of South Beach, Agua Spa is a mere five-minute walk to pedestrian hotspot Lincoln Road. Discounted valet parking available with any spa service, but at $15 (normally $36), better to park on a side street.
The vibe: Tranquil and tropical. Pour a glass of iced tea, grab a magazine and lounge in the new rooftop solarium. Be sure to peek over the east side for an amazing ocean view.
The highlights: The radiance oxygen facial ($180) is described as a "cardio for the skin," while the newly added Gentleman's Facial ($120) includes a special menfolk-formulated treatment plus neck, shoulder, arm and hand massage. For the rest of your body, the signature 60-minute milk and honey treatment ($140) will have you planning a post-spa trip to Whole Foods. For a smaller treat, a half-hour manicure is $45; an hour-long pedi is $65.
Agua Spa at The Delano, 1685 Collins Ave, Miami Beach; 305-672-2000
- What is actually trending in swimwear for 2016?
- Summer Get-Fit Tips by Miami’s Celebrity Trainer
- Celebrities Love Makeup Artist Charlotte Tilbury. Find Out Why!
- 5 Summer Skin Tips from Miami’s Best-Kept Secret — Dr. Leonard Tachmes
- 9 favorite looks from Sunday's Miami Swim Week shows
- 9 favorite looks from Saturday's Miami Swim Week shows
- You won’t believe what people were wearing at Miami Swim Week
- 9 favorite looks from Friday's Miami Swim Week shows
- 9 Best Looks from Thursday's Miami Swim Week Shows
- Best Bridal Boutiques in Coral Gables