Spa Fancy: 1160 Hair
No, you aren't tripping — you've landed down the rabbit hole that is 1160 Hair.
The lowdown: Fall down the rabbit hole that is 1160 Hair and come out looking polished and primped. The Alice-in-Wonderland-dream-meets-Bay-Harbour-salon and-spa is a whimsical spot where locals can get pampered amongst a topsy-turvy backdrop.
The 'hood: Nestled in Bay Harbour, Owner Wendy Kahn describes 1160 Hair’s turf as, “An exclusive small-town area with easy access to the excitement of the city. Stores in this business area are one-of-a-kind boutiques that can’t be found anywhere else.”
The vibe: Curiouser and curiouser! Let’s just say that Alice, White Rabbit, Cheshire Cat, Mad Hatter and King and Queen of Hearts would be so proud. Kahn says, “Go through our front doors and enter an Alice in Wonderland fantasy where every nook and cranny tells a different story and makes a unique statement.” Interior decorator Myron Wolman was given carte blanche to design the shop and adds, “I was given a blank canvas and told to create something spectacular,” he says. And after setting foot in the beauty salon, you know that he’s accomplished this goal in spades. Fruit-filled ceilings, full-grown trees, AstroTurf floors, neon pink and black wallpaper and legs donning fishnet stockings emerging from the walls will have you questioning whether or not you smoked the Caterpillar’s good stuff.
The highlights: Minx nails, 100 percent Italian human-hair extensions, bridal packages and more are on the menu. Kahn says, “1160 Hair is a full service hair salon and spa that offers customers everything from hair styling, Keratin anti-frizz treatments, permanent straightening process, color, manicures, pedicures, organic facials, full specialty body waxing and full-body massages. One unique service is the Hawaiian organic coffee chocolate pedicure where during the treatment the customers are served champagne, specialty gourmet coffees and chocolate truffles.” Sounds like our kind of tea party.
The sweet deal: Mention this article and first-time guests receive 50 percent off cut and color through December 31st.
1160 Kane Concourse, Suite 101, Bay Harbour
- What is actually trending in swimwear for 2016?
- Summer Get-Fit Tips by Miami’s Celebrity Trainer
- Celebrities Love Makeup Artist Charlotte Tilbury. Find Out Why!
- 5 Summer Skin Tips from Miami’s Best-Kept Secret — Dr. Leonard Tachmes
- 9 favorite looks from Sunday's Miami Swim Week shows
- 9 favorite looks from Saturday's Miami Swim Week shows
- You won’t believe what people were wearing at Miami Swim Week
- 9 favorite looks from Friday's Miami Swim Week shows
- 9 Best Looks from Thursday's Miami Swim Week Shows
- Best Bridal Boutiques in Coral Gables