Spa de la Mmmmer
Yummy treatments for Art Basel
Forty-five Italian pink larger-than-life snails, Vogue lounge shopping soirees at The Raleigh, live graffiti performances by artist Erni Vales at Mercadito — Art Basel 2010 is full of new surprises. Also fresh to the mix? The art fair is bringing the crème de la crème (pun intended) beauty brand La Mer to the beach with Spa de la Mer. From December 1st to the 3rd, Spa de la Mer will coddle Basel’s VIPs with its signature facials. Ooh la la! The invite-only affair will be taking place at a private residence on Miami Beach — making this spa one of the most exclusive indulgences during Art Basel.
What's the vibe? Think all things serene and tranquil. The sanctuary is designed to relax and rejuvenate its guests from the palpable buzz surrounding the fair. La Mer aestheticians are being flown in from London just for the three-day affair. Art Basel’s luminaries will be given the La Mer facial entailing the regenerating powers of Crème de la Mer with touch, sound and energy.They'll also show off the newest wonder cream, The Radiant Infusion.
After treatments, a makeup artist will be on hand for color applications — allowing guests to scramble to the next art show with a très magnifique glow. www.cremedelamer.com.
On Our Radar
- Miami Beach, Miami Gardens among nation’s most dangerous suburbs
- Old Spice Guy Isaiah Mustafa spreads the love
- Will Smith seen relaxing at Zuma
- Local designer wins Lifetime's 'Under the Gunn'
- 'House of Cards' star Kevin Spacey dines out
- Austin Mahone celebrates 18th birthday
- Miracle Myles: Myles Chefetz's South of Fifth takeover continues with Prime Private
- Fashion designer Ariana Rockefeller at Alene Too
- Rafael Nadal spends time in presidential suite
- Mayim Bialik is a geek and plays one on TV