Southstreet's gone south--way south, as in closed
Design District neo soul spot is closed
4000 NE 2nd Ave.
Southstreet, Amir Ben-Zion and Amaris Jones's neo soul restaurant in the Design District space formerly known as Sra. Martinez, is no more. The restaurant posted on its Facebook page yesterday, "Southstreet is closed....Stay tuned for what's next." Since we've been doing that with Ben-Zion's shuttered South Beach venture Cooper Avenue, we guess we'll continue to do so with this one.
- Tap 79 Bar & Grill opens in Miami's Shorecrest
- Riviera Focacceria Italiana opens in midtown Miami
- Sriracha House slings heat in South Beach
- David's Cafe on Collins closing after 37 years
- Blackbrick Brings on the Brunch
- Pubbelly introduces PB Fish, a seafood pop-up at PB Steak starting April 8
- AQ by Acqualina, featuring Dewey LoSasso & Hiro's Yakko San
- Mansion morphing into "Miami-style country western line dancing" club with Blue Collar's Danny Serfer serving "large plates"
- Las Olas hot spot American Social opening in ex Waxy O'Connor's space
- Allen Susser's Daily Melt grilling the cheese up in Fort Lauderdale on April 1