South Floridian wins "So You Think You Can Dance"
Big cash prize
She can dance! A South Floridian has nabbed the cash prize of $125,000 on FOX’s So You Think You Can Dance. Eliana Girard, 21, is from West Palm Beach. “What I have imagined winning would feel like was like winning the lottery,” the ballet dancer said after learning the news. She also has training as a pole dancer. Very multifaceted!
“I hoped for it every single day and when it actually happened I felt like my life was complete. Whatever happens afterwards doesn’t matter because all my dreams have come true.” Girard shares the honors with co-champion honors with Chehon Wespi-Tschopp, who is Swiss.
They’ll both appear on the cover of Dance Spirit Magazin
On Our Radar
- Telenovela hunk William Levy hits the big screen
- Local Bachelor Juan Pablo takes it slow
- Supermodel Nina Agdal to make in store appearance
- Rumor mill: Shakira switches brokers midstream
- Local cake makers get reality show, 'Divas del Azucar'
- Wilmer Valderrama will judge Calle Ocho fashion show
- John Turturro to be honored at MIFF
- Cadillac V-series Challenge puts pro golfers, VIPs on the fast track at Homestead-Miami Speedway
- Oprah's Fisher Island home sells again
- Shirley MacLaine to appear at Miami International Film Fest