South Floridian wins "So You Think You Can Dance"
Big cash prize
She can dance! A South Floridian has nabbed the cash prize of $125,000 on FOX’s So You Think You Can Dance. Eliana Girard, 21, is from West Palm Beach. “What I have imagined winning would feel like was like winning the lottery,” the ballet dancer said after learning the news. She also has training as a pole dancer. Very multifaceted!
“I hoped for it every single day and when it actually happened I felt like my life was complete. Whatever happens afterwards doesn’t matter because all my dreams have come true.” Girard shares the honors with co-champion honors with Chehon Wespi-Tschopp, who is Swiss.
They’ll both appear on the cover of Dance Spirit Magazin
On Our Radar
- Jennifer Lopez to perform free concert at Bayfront Park in support of Hillary Clinton
- Five reasons to not give up on the Miami Heat
- Larsa and Scottie Pippen to divorce after 19 years
- Boo Madea star Tyler Perry: I don't like Halloween
- Florida has better taste in Halloween candy than most other states, says survey
- Phil Collins: 'I don’t like Miami particularly'
- DJ Irie gets put in the hot seat this Saturday at his own celebrity roast
- King Tide floods the streets of South Florida
- Jose Fernandez may get his own Miami street
- Orange is the New Black star gets her drink on