South Florida Strip Clubs
Whether you call them nudie bars, strip joints or gentlemen's club, clubs here expose all the flesh there is to bare.
By Terry Jackson
No one has made it official, but you can take it to the bank that South Florida is a contender for the strip club capital of the world.
Whether you call them nudie bars, strip joints or use that quaint and arguably inaccurate label of "gentlemen's club," there's little argument that clubs here expose all the flesh there is to bare. Alcohol flows freely and nothing is left to the imagination.
More than 40 strip clubs dot the landscape in Miami-Dade and Broward counties -- the number varies almost monthly as some clubs close and others open.
They range in style and size from mega-nudies like the Scores, Pure Platinum and Solid Gold chains, with clubs in Broward and Miami-Dade, to the cavernous glitz of Tootsie's Cabaret in Miami Gardens, to neighborhood holes in the wall like Bottoms Up on Southwest Eighth Street.
Aside from enough bare flesh to make a gynecologist blush, all these clubs share a few common traits: deafeningly loud music set to a jackhammer beat, brass and chrome accents, from the poles where strippers try out for the nudie Olympics to the rails around the stages and bars; pulsating lights that illuminate just enough; and TV screens showing sports, in case the live action gets boring.
Some clubs offer buffets and “businessman” lunches, but the warning about waterfront restaurants applies to nudie bars, too – if you’re going for the view, don't expect much from the food.
Click here to check out our listing of the strip clubs.
- Ultra Music Festival names retiring Miami Beach Police Chief Ray Martinez new security director
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 18 - 20
- Velvet Underground: Vinyl fever returns on Record Store Day, LA-based dark glam opera band 'Timur and the Dime Museum' plays for The Miami Light Project, and go retro with famed drag queen Elaine Lancaster at Miami Bingo Bash
- Velvet Underground: Heavyweight champion Shannon "The Cannon" Briggs hosts fight night at Wonderland, Cuban hip hopper Danay Suarez plays North Beach, Alberto Cabrera's Bread + Butter launches happy hour
- MOVA Lounge hosts 5th annual Block Party for Miami Beach Gay Pride Festival
- Plans emerge to save Miami's oldest bar as owners announce sale of Tobacco Road
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 11 - 13
- Dita Von Teese takes it off for South Florida
- 'Cocktales: Confessions of a Nymphomaniac' debuts at Bardot and runs through April
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 4 - 6