Miami International Auto Show
Miami's fast and furious converge at the Miami International Auto Show.
Details: Opening 5-11 p.m. Friday, running through Nov. 18, at the Miami Beach Convention Center, 1901 Convention Center Dr., Miami Beach
adults $10, kids 6-12 $3, under 6 free.
Car lovers, get your motors running. The South Florida Automobile Dealers Association brings back the 42nd annual Miami International Auto Show with cars for all tastes - from "green" technology to classic antiques, Fast and Furious style barely street-legal whips and everything in between.
Hundreds of models of cars, trucks, vans and SUVs from the world's leading manufacturers will be showcased. Car enthusiasts can also enjoy special attractions like Topless in Miami, which will spotlight the hottest convertible cars, Miami-style. The Havana Classics display will feature classic cars from the 1950s restored to factory-fresh lustre. Dream big at Million Dollar Alley, where all the one percent brands like Aston Martin, Ferrari and McLaren will be parked.
"“We’re really excited about this year’s show as opposed to others because its more interactive," says Richard Baker, manager for the event. "There will be eight different ride and drives. Also, the Eco Environment so you can actually ride an electric car inside the convention center."
As always, guests can get in on the Ride & Drive attraction, where they can sit behind the wheel of their favorite 2013 Volkwagen, Cadillac, Toyota and other top brands. The Camp Jeep experience is also a crowd favorite, giving visitors an off-road ride that puts the Jeep's 4x4 capabilities to the test.
The event brings more than 665,000 car enthusiasts to Miami, one of whom will be the lucky winner of a Chevy Spark. That alone will make anyone a car enthusiast.
See and Do
- 10 things not to miss this week: Art, Marvel comics & freebie fun
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 25-27
- Absorbing and exquisitely acted, GableStage’s ‘The Whale’ is a study in connection
- ‘H2OMBRE’ brings splashy spectacle and lots of water to the Arsht Center stage
- Cinderella, robots, date night & Munchkin Fun's top 10 picks for the week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 18-20
- Overtown Music and Arts Festival 2014
- Ice cream parties, kids carnivals & Munchkin Fun's top picks for the week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 11-13
- Colombian mangoes will be the star at this weekend’s Mango Festival at Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden