South Florida Firefighters unveil 2014 calendar
South Florida Firefighters unveil their steamy 2014 calendar.
Official Calendar Launch Party
8 p.m.-2 a.m. August 23
Round Up Nightclub , 9020 W. State Road 84, Davie
6-9 p.m. August 24
Center Fountain at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, 1 Seminole Way, Hollywood
2-5 p.m. August 25
Pembroke Lakes Mall, outside of Macy's, 11401 Pines Blvd., Pembroke Pines
Matt Damon. The Rock. Channing Tatum. All of those guys are really great at playing heroes in movies, but if you want to meet some real heroes, you only have to wait for your neighbor to have a grease fire to hear the wail of the siren that signals the approach of the men that risk their lives every day to keep us safe. Bonus: many of them are total beefcakes as evinced by the South Florida Firefighters Calendar. The Calendar has been churning out yearly spreads of the hottest specimens working at local municipalities since 1992 and has raised more than a quarter of a million dollars for local charities. Founded by Lt. Luis Espinosa, the Calendar will donate this year's proceeds to Here’s Help, A Safe Haven for Newborns and Friends Forever Rescue charities.
The 2014 edition, themed "Caliente," features 15 new faces (and bodies) plus three returning MVPs ranging from 18 to 45 years old. The smoking hot heroes come from Hollywood Fire Rescue, Broward Sheriff's Office, East Lake Fire Rescue, Miami Dade Fire Rescue and many more.
The calendar guys will hosts several events to launch the 2014 edition starting Aug. 23 including signings and parties. Here is your chance to get up close and personal with some real heroes without having to watch your house burn down.
Calendars are $20. For more information about the 2014 South Florida Firefighters Calendar, please visit www.firefighterscalendar.com.
See and Do
- Third Thursdays at Perez Art Museum Miami brings music and drinks
- Memorial Day Weekend Events - 2015
- Haitian Book Fair to celebrate Caribbean culture for 3rd year
- Annie, Open Play & Freebie Fun: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks for Memorial Day Week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - May 15-17
- Haitian Compas Festival encores at Sun Life Stadium with System Band and many more
- Siempre Flamenco hosts Cafe Cantante at the South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center
- The Rhythm Foundation's Dance Band Night kicks off with The French Horn
- What if Works presents Chekhov's 'The Cherry Orchard'
- S'mores, the Hunger Games & Annie: Munchkin Fun's Top picks May 11-17