South Florida Firefighters unveil 2014 calendar
South Florida Firefighters unveil their steamy 2014 calendar.
Official Calendar Launch Party
8 p.m.-2 a.m. August 23
Round Up Nightclub , 9020 W. State Road 84, Davie
6-9 p.m. August 24
Center Fountain at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, 1 Seminole Way, Hollywood
2-5 p.m. August 25
Pembroke Lakes Mall, outside of Macy's, 11401 Pines Blvd., Pembroke Pines
Matt Damon. The Rock. Channing Tatum. All of those guys are really great at playing heroes in movies, but if you want to meet some real heroes, you only have to wait for your neighbor to have a grease fire to hear the wail of the siren that signals the approach of the men that risk their lives every day to keep us safe. Bonus: many of them are total beefcakes as evinced by the South Florida Firefighters Calendar. The Calendar has been churning out yearly spreads of the hottest specimens working at local municipalities since 1992 and has raised more than a quarter of a million dollars for local charities. Founded by Lt. Luis Espinosa, the Calendar will donate this year's proceeds to Here’s Help, A Safe Haven for Newborns and Friends Forever Rescue charities.
The 2014 edition, themed "Caliente," features 15 new faces (and bodies) plus three returning MVPs ranging from 18 to 45 years old. The smoking hot heroes come from Hollywood Fire Rescue, Broward Sheriff's Office, East Lake Fire Rescue, Miami Dade Fire Rescue and many more.
The calendar guys will hosts several events to launch the 2014 edition starting Aug. 23 including signings and parties. Here is your chance to get up close and personal with some real heroes without having to watch your house burn down.
Calendars are $20. For more information about the 2014 South Florida Firefighters Calendar, please visit www.firefighterscalendar.com.
See and Do
- YoungArts kicks off Outside the Box series with a show by musician Dave Eggar
- Carbonell winners take the stage at South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center
- Pumpkin patches, parties and trick-or-treating: Munchkin Fun's 2014 Halloween Guide
- MIFFecito: A Shot of Cinema
- Grovetoberfest brings craft beer to Miami's masses
- Playwright Vanessa Garcia tackles identity in exile in her new play 'The Cuban Spring'
- Two generations of Latin music-makers gather in Miami for Red Bull Siempre Fresco
- Trick or treating, holiday crafts & The Lego Movie: Munchkin Fun's top picks for the week
- Casino Night event in Coral Gables benefits at-risk children
- The Beatles arrive at HistoryMiami