South Beach Marriott Celebrates Miami Spice with Live Art Exhibition Thursday
Local artists create work onsite at the South Beach Marriott in conjunction with Miami Spice dinner
Enjoy live art in the making with your Miami Spice dinner Thursday August 8 with “For Artists by Artists” at South Beach Marriott’s Deco Blue restaurant.
The second in a planned monthly series, the interactive exhibition turns the poolside cabanas into “pop-up” studios for local artists to create work onsite before a crowd mingling on the oceanfront terrace. There will also be one artist exhibiting completed works.
This month, the work of Wynwood street artist Miguel Parades will be on display, while artists Rebecca Barba, Bernari Stewart, and Jessica Loren will be at work on pieces inside their cabanas.
Last month, noted fashion photographer Fred Love conducted a swimwear photo shoot onsite during the event, and similar plans are in place this month.
The event starts at 7 p.m. with extended happy hour from 4 to 9 p.m. featuring half off signature drinks, draft beers, and wine by the glass. The three-course Miami Spice menu will be available for $33 per person, and you're free to meander along the cabana exhibits in between courses. Valet parking is complimentary with validation from Deco Blue.
Deco Blue Miami Spice Menu
Appetizer (choice of one):
Farmers Salad with mixed greens, housemade queso fresco, hard-boiled egg, tomato, cucumber, whole grain mustard vinaigrette
Seared Scallops with wilted spinach, tomato, onion
Entrée (choice of one):
Seared Mahi Mahi with Jasmine rice, grilled seasonal vegetables, tomato onion compote
Blackened Mojo Chicken with Jasmine rice, roasted plantains, citrus mojo
Choice of Flan or Tres Leches
Thursday, August 8, 7 p.m.
161 Ocean Dr., Miami Beach
- Black Friday & Cyber Monday Hotel Travel Deals in Miami, South Florida, the Caribbean & Mexico
- SLS Brickell to open with Boy George at splashy party
- 10 Best Hotels for Art Lovers & Scenesters during Art Basel Miami Beach
- Get Lei'd at Campton Yard with 'Supermensch' Shep Gordon
- Cheers to four years of LDV Hospitality at Gale South Beach
- World Traveler (& Foodie) Guide to Miami Book Fair
- If you like these Miami hotels, you’ll love their new sister properties in desirable destinations
- Hotel Week NYC offers rooms as low as $100 in January
- Aloft Hotels: Dadeland in, South Beach out and more on the horizon
- 16 Things You Probably Didn't Know About the Delano on its 21st Birthday