South Beach Hostel Backpacker
Nothing like stopping at a hostel on Miami Beach for a unique cocktail aptly called The Backpacker Cooler.
Those seeking a cheap cocktail after browsing Ocean Drive are in luck if they decide to visit the South Beach Hostel’s intimate bar. The Backpacker Cooler served at the spot’s A-Bar is worth a try. A refreshing mix of vodka, mint tea and sauvignon blanc might sound odd, but once you taste the citrus-mint concoction you’ll be brought back to life. Or, at least be ready for your next adventure.
The Backpacker Cooler
Prepare a cocktail shaker filled with ice
Add 2.5 ounces of mint tea
Add ½ an ounce of lemongrass syrup
Muddle in 2 lime slices
Muddle 2 fresh mint leaves
Add 1.5 ounces of Vodka
Add 1.5 ounces of Sauvignon Blanc
Stir well until chilled
Serve in a tall Collins Glass
Garnish with a lime twist
The Backpacker Cooler is $6 at The South Beach Hostel A-Bar, 235 Washington Ave., Miami Beach; 305-534-6669.
- Gianni's is an ode to Versace
- 5 places in Miami to celebrate National Tequila Day
- Have you discovered Miami's top 5 hidden bars yet?
- Could this be the best wine bar on Calle Ocho in Miami?
- 5 best ladies nights in Fort Lauderdale
- These are the best places for a fun ladies night on Miami Beach
- Where to order a $435 shot on National Scotch Day
- Where to get a 24-karat gold infused margarita on National Tequila Day
- Where to bar hop on Miami Beach without leaving the hotel
- 5 New Bars in Miami You Must Visit this Weekend