South Beach Comedy Festival tickets on sale
Seth Meyers, Tracy Morgan and Sarah Silverman headline this year's South Beach Comedy Festival.
Are you ready to laugh? Are you ready for five days of gut-busting, nut-cracking, side-splitting stand-up performances by some of the world’s greatest comedians?
Of course you are. Who doesn’t love to escape life’s daily grind by losing one’s self in hilarity?
The eighth-annual South Beach Comedy Festival hits town from April 17-21, featuring luminaries such as “Saturday Night Live” alum and “30 Rock” star Tracy Morgan; “SNL” Weekend Update anchor Seth Meyers; the wickedly amusing, Emmy-winning Sarah Silverman, whom Rolling Stone dubbed “the most outrageously funny woman alive”; “Last Comic Standing” sweetheart Amy Schumer, whose girl-next-door looks belies a nasty, sexy streak; late-night talk-show regular Bill Burr; “MADtv” favorite Angelah Johnson, best known for her viral video “Nail Salon”; and Pete Holmes, whose name you might not recognize, but whose voice and work as the talking baby on those brilliant E*Trade commercials should ring a near-worshipping bell.
There are many more acts to catch during the festival, which is much too big for one venue: Shows will be held at the Fillmore Miami Beach at the Jackie Gleason Theater, the Colony Theater on Lincoln Road in South Beach, and several small stages nearby.
Tickets ($25-$75.50) are on sale through Ticketmaster, LiveNation.com and www.southbeachcomedyfestival.com.
See and Do
- What to do with kids in Miami May 20-26
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - May 17-19
- Ten Years of Cubalibre Block Party
- 'The Fox on the Fairway' at Actors' Playhouse in Coral Gables scores with laughs
- What to do with kids in Miami May 13-19
- Bill Cosby, at Hard Rock Sunday, talks about TV, racism and life
- ‘War Horse’ casts a simple yet powerful spell
- ‘Memphis’ cast shows vocal chops
- Create-A-Skate at the Museum of Discovery and Science
- 'War Horse' gallops into the South Florida this week