South Beach Comedy Festival tickets on sale
Seth Meyers, Tracy Morgan and Sarah Silverman headline this year's South Beach Comedy Festival.
Are you ready to laugh? Are you ready for five days of gut-busting, nut-cracking, side-splitting stand-up performances by some of the world’s greatest comedians?
Of course you are. Who doesn’t love to escape life’s daily grind by losing one’s self in hilarity?
The eighth-annual South Beach Comedy Festival hits town from April 17-21, featuring luminaries such as “Saturday Night Live” alum and “30 Rock” star Tracy Morgan; “SNL” Weekend Update anchor Seth Meyers; the wickedly amusing, Emmy-winning Sarah Silverman, whom Rolling Stone dubbed “the most outrageously funny woman alive”; “Last Comic Standing” sweetheart Amy Schumer, whose girl-next-door looks belies a nasty, sexy streak; late-night talk-show regular Bill Burr; “MADtv” favorite Angelah Johnson, best known for her viral video “Nail Salon”; and Pete Holmes, whose name you might not recognize, but whose voice and work as the talking baby on those brilliant E*Trade commercials should ring a near-worshipping bell.
There are many more acts to catch during the festival, which is much too big for one venue: Shows will be held at the Fillmore Miami Beach at the Jackie Gleason Theater, the Colony Theater on Lincoln Road in South Beach, and several small stages nearby.
Tickets ($25-$75.50) are on sale through Ticketmaster, LiveNation.com and www.southbeachcomedyfestival.com.
See and Do
- Discover Miami's Little Haiti neighbhorhood
- He was told as a boy he'd have to go to a deaf school—but he grew up to help make the music to Hamilton
- Las Olas Art Fair takes over the streets of Fort Lauderdale this weekend
- Coral Gables Hispanic Cultural Festival takes over the streets of City Beautiful
- 5 reasons you should check out the Mammography Art Initiative in Wynwood this weekend
- 7 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Oct. 21-23
- Miami's cultural itinerary courtesy of Prism Creative Group - Oct. 16-31
- Find your happy place at the Modern Life Mindfulness Festival
- Grovetoberfest Celebrates Six Years of Craft Beer
- Can this Miami political roast Make America Laugh Again? Let's hope so