Noire Miami faves for South Beach Comedy Festival 2013
Tracy Morgan and Michael Che join the comedy lineup
Get ready for five days of laughter. The South Beach Comedy Festival starts today. The lineup includes familiar faces such as Sarah Silverman, Seth Meyers and Bill Burr. Two comedy guys who have our attention are Tracy Morgan and Michael Che.
Morgan has come a long way since his first television debut on Martin, where he appeared as the Hustle Man. Today, the former Saturday Night Live cast member is a household name. However, success didn't come easy for Morgan, who is the third of four siblings raised in a volatile home environment. His father was a Vietnam war vet and heroine addict. Morgan uses his upbringing to bring laughter to the audience.
Today, Morgan is well known starring on NBC's Emmy and Golden Globe Award-winning 30 Rock, which also stars Tina Fey and Alec Baldwin. You can catch Morgan at The Fillmore Miami Beach and the Jackie Gleason Theater at 8 p.m.
Despite being new to the comedy circuit, Che is making a name for himself. You may have seen him crack a few jokes on Vh1's Best Week Ever where he appears weekly, or possibly when he made his late-night debut on David Letterman where he performed standup. In 2012, Che won the title for Funniest Stand-up at the New York Comedy Festival. You can see if Che's all he's cracked up to be at 9 p.m. each night starting on April 18th through the 20th at the Lincoln Road Free Stage, which is located on Euclid Ave and Lincoln Road in Miami Beach.
For more information about events and tickets
- Miami Soul weekend guide: International Music Fest, Overtown Music Festival, Lyric Comedy Fest, and more
- 5 things to look forward to at the Overtown Music & Arts Festival
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Ankara Swim, Bobby Valentine Single Release party, Sounds of Little Haiti, and more
- Miami Soul 4th of July weekend guide: Afropolitan Miami, Afrikin, Day La Soul, and more
- Miami Soul weekend guide: 12th Annual Irie Weekend and other things to do June 23 - 26, 2016
- Miami Soul: 7 Caribbean-American Heritage Month events to check out
- Que Boogaloo, Greek Cookout, Reggae Sundays and more events in Miami
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Afropolitan Miami, Day La Soul Day Party, Beyond Brunch Sundays, and more
- Miami Soul Memorial Day Weekend Guide
- 5 Things We Love About Little Haiti