Noire Miami faves for South Beach Comedy Festival 2013
Tracy Morgan and Michael Che join the comedy lineup
Get ready for five days of laughter. The South Beach Comedy Festival starts today. The lineup includes familiar faces such as Sarah Silverman, Seth Meyers and Bill Burr. Two comedy guys who have our attention are Tracy Morgan and Michael Che.
Morgan has come a long way since his first television debut on Martin, where he appeared as the Hustle Man. Today, the former Saturday Night Live cast member is a household name. However, success didn't come easy for Morgan, who is the third of four siblings raised in a volatile home environment. His father was a Vietnam war vet and heroine addict. Morgan uses his upbringing to bring laughter to the audience.
Today, Morgan is well known starring on NBC's Emmy and Golden Globe Award-winning 30 Rock, which also stars Tina Fey and Alec Baldwin. You can catch Morgan at The Fillmore Miami Beach and the Jackie Gleason Theater at 8 p.m.
Despite being new to the comedy circuit, Che is making a name for himself. You may have seen him crack a few jokes on Vh1's Best Week Ever where he appears weekly, or possibly when he made his late-night debut on David Letterman where he performed standup. In 2012, Che won the title for Funniest Stand-up at the New York Comedy Festival. You can see if Che's all he's cracked up to be at 9 p.m. each night starting on April 18th through the 20th at the Lincoln Road Free Stage, which is located on Euclid Ave and Lincoln Road in Miami Beach.
- Love Life & the 411: Jazz in the Gardens pop-up party tonight
- Noire Miami weekend guide: Lyric Live, Jazz in the Gardens Pop Up Party, Second Saturdays Art Walk, and more
- Four popular spots around Miami you didn’t know were black-owned
- Jazz in the Gardens Foodie-Focus event serves up the best of the festival's Food Village
- Love Life and the 411: Scandal watch party Thursday, plenty of Flow on Friday
- Noire Miami's food, music, and wine weekend edition
- Love, Life, and the 411 - Soldiers of Love
- Love, Life, and the 411: Week of Feb 7th
- Noire Miami's Pre-Valentine's Day and First Friday events to do this weekend in South Florida
- Love, Life & the 411: Where to party for the Super Bowl