Sounding Off For A Cure
Voices Against Brain Cancer benefit concert features Beach Boys, Gloria Gaynor
Voices Against Brain Cancer
7 p.m., Thursday, April 14
The Fillmore Miami Beach at The Jackie Gleason Theater , 1700 Washington Ave., Miami Beach
Tickets: General Admission $150 and VIP tickets $300. Available at www.voicesagainstbraincancer.org or by calling 800-745-3000.
The Beach Boys, Gloria Gaynor, Lou Gramm (former ‘Foreigner’ lead vocalist), and The Osmond Bothers highlight a star-studded benefit concert on Thursday, April 14 in Miami Beach.
Voices Against Brain Cancer takes place at The Fillmore Miami Beach at The Jackie Gleason starting at 7 p.m.. The event will feature performances by artists whose lives have all been affected by brain cancer.
All of the evening’s performances will be accompanied by the Frost School of Music’s Henry Mancini Institute Orchestra. Additionally, performers will make a special tribute to George Harrison, Celia Cruz, Bob Marley and Nara Leão, all of whom have lost the battle to brain cancer.
Guests will enjoy cocktails, hors d’oeuvres and a live and silent auction followed by the performance.
Voice Against Brain Cancer is a foundation dedicated to finding a cure for brain cancer by advancing scientific research increasing awareness within the medical community and supporting patients, their families and caregivers. One hundred percent of the ticket sales and auction proceeds will support innovative research and programs for brain cancer.
Music in Miami
- Miami’s Nu Deco Ensemble reimagines classical music for modern listeners
- Review: Madonna brings a heartfelt, personal touch to her Miami concert
- Five things you didn’t know about Madonna
- Ball & Chain debuts live jazz broadcast on WDNA
- Review: Billy Joel rocks Sunrise into the New Year
- Lo mejor del cine alternativo
- Concert Review: Taylor Swift sizzles at AmericanAirlines Arena in Miami
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Taylor Swift
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Ricky Martin
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis play Fillmore Miami Beach on Jan. 19