Sounding Off For A Cure
Voices Against Brain Cancer benefit concert features Beach Boys, Gloria Gaynor
The Beach Boys, Gloria Gaynor, Lou Gramm (former ‘Foreigner’ lead vocalist), and The Osmond Bothers highlight a star-studded benefit concert on Thursday, April 14 in Miami Beach.
Voices Against Brain Cancer takes place at The Fillmore Miami Beach at The Jackie Gleason starting at 7 p.m.. The event will feature performances by artists whose lives have all been affected by brain cancer.
All of the evening’s performances will be accompanied by the Frost School of Music’s Henry Mancini Institute Orchestra. Additionally, performers will make a special tribute to George Harrison, Celia Cruz, Bob Marley and Nara Leão, all of whom have lost the battle to brain cancer.
Guests will enjoy cocktails, hors d’oeuvres and a live and silent auction followed by the performance.
Voice Against Brain Cancer is a foundation dedicated to finding a cure for brain cancer by advancing scientific research increasing awareness within the medical community and supporting patients, their families and caregivers. One hundred percent of the ticket sales and auction proceeds will support innovative research and programs for brain cancer.
Voices Against Brain Cancer
7 p.m., Thursday, April 14
The Fillmore Miami Beach at The Jackie Gleason Theater , 1700 Washington Ave., Miami Beach
Tickets: General Admission $150 and VIP tickets $300. Available at www.voicesagainstbraincancer.org or by calling 800-745-3000.
Music in Miami
- Miami Soul weekend guide: DanceAfrica Miami Reception, Juneteenth Miami Music Festival, Colors of the Caribbean
- Best of the Best returns for the tenth year with dancehall and reggae stars
- Joe Jonas talks DNCE, growing up Disney and his favorite place to party in Miami
- Review: Beyoncé slays on Formation tour’s opening night in Miami
- 7 reasons to see Andy Grammer at the Fontainebleau this Saturday
- Up-and-coming country star Kelsea Ballerini ready to take Tortuga Music Festival by storm this week
- Concert Review: Pearl Jam Packs a Punch at American Airlines Arena
- Tortuga Music Festival announces lineup, ticket sales
- A 7-year-old reviews Bruce Springsteen’s ‘The River Tour’ concert
- Concert Review: Bruce Springsteen captivates with a performance that displays a depth of emotions