Some Irish drinks, some DJ beats and a touch of philanthropy fills the weekend in Miami
Time to make the most of your social choices
Crawl, Don't Walk
No stranger to all things oversized, larger than life and grandiose, South Beach will play host to what is being billed as the "biggest pub crawl that Miami Beach has ever seen," in honor of St. Patrick's Day. The weekend-long crawl starts with registration from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Friday, March 15 at Rok Bar, 1905 Collins Ave. and from 5 p.m. to 11 p.m. at Five Bar & Lounge, 448 Ocean Drive. The weekend-long crawl continues through Sunday. Tickets start at $4 for each day and $10 for a 4-day all access pass. Among the bars included are the aforementioned and the Playwright, Sushi Rock, Catalina Rooftop Pool & Lounge and more. Apparently drinks are extra, but for those who dig an organized booze crawl, go to
Over in Little Dublin...
As much fun as it may be to bar crawl on South Beach, the Brickell area is going to be booming with boozy beer fans beginning at, gulp, 8 a.m. Sunday, March 17 for the St. Patrick’s Day Street Festival hosted by Fadó Irish Pub (900 S. Miami Ave.) Kegs and eggs are what's on the menu, and for entertainment, UZoo, an authentic U2 tribute band, Irish bagpipers, Two Guys Live and a live DJ until closing, whenever that may be. A $20 cover kicks in at 1:30 p.m. so get there early. Either way, there will be plenty of food and drinks specials, beer, more beer, and beer. For those who'd like to get a head start on things, from 10:30 a.m. to 4 a.m. on Saturday, March 16th, it's Saint Practice Day with music, booze and rugby.
dirtybird Does Miami
The dubiously titled dirtybird was created years ago when four guys took their mission to change the landscape of San Francisco house music to another level, throwing "epic renegade BBQ parties in Golden Gate part based on their unique and signature sound." On March 21, Christian Martin, Claude VonStroke, Justin Martin and Worthy will be dirtying up Villa221, 221 NE 17th St., with De La Soul, a San Fran grill master, and "sides of bass-driven funk and sweaty house to go with your burger." "I am so excited to continue where we left off last year by bringing another iconic Hip Hop group to our Miami BBQ,” VonStroke says. “I think everyone will agree that De La Soul at dirtybird is not to be missed." For ticket information, go to www.dirtybirdrecords.com/playerstour.
Not all WMC and Miami Music Week parties are created equally. Just ask Ricardo Ralph Lopez, creator of the St. Tropez-style Sunset Rendez-Vous Pool Party from noon to 10 p.m. March 19 at the Highbar at Dream South Beach. Says Lopez, "This event will be very classy and elegant. Not only will we have a high quality lineup of DJs, but also a fancy crowd." Scheduled to spin: Tocadisco, Kurd Maverick, Danny Howard, George Morel and more. Admission is free before 2 p.m. via guest list only. After that, admission will start at $20. To RSVP, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Oh, and wear white. It's what the fancy crowds do.
You've heard of the gastropub, but from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Thursday, March 21, Tobacco Road will transform itself into the PhilanthroPub as it hosts a cocktail party for Communities in Schools of Miami's young professionals’ network. The nation's leading organization dedicated to empowering students to stay in school and graduate, Communities in Schools of Miami hopes to raise substantial funds from this cocktail confab, which, for $20, includes two hours of open bar and live entertainment.
- A Miami melange of martinis, shrimp, tacos, and silent discos
- Sugar Factory goes to the movies, Michael's Genuine cooks up a summer series, the Copa at AmSo, and 20 years of Jazid
- A ducky night in Wynwood, beach party on Key Biscayne, PYTs at LIV and Manhattans on Ocean Drive
- Winning and whimsy in Wynwood, high camp at Hyde Beach, and sangria on Sundays
- Boogie down at the Boca Raton Resort & Club with disco legends and Jellybean Benitez
- Radio benefit in Wynwood, Talib Kweli, YoungArts, movies on the sand and National Wine Day
- Fleetwood Mac gets Electric Pickled, vodka & graffiti in the Design District, Persian New Year and lineups at LIV and STORY
- Ringside at E11EVEN, a Marley at Wynwood Yard, Sake Mondays at Katsuya, Yappy Hour at Lique & Jellybean does disco at Boca Resort
- Paint party at Fire & Ice, bike to PAMM, Cinco de Mayo at E11EVEN and Jazz at Wynwood Yard
- Discounted drinks & designer duds, Yandel & Gadiel for free, missing matzo, and an ode to Drake