`Social Network' a hit
The Social Network was the big favorite in the Southeastern Film Critics Association's 19th annual awards, winning best picture, best director (David Fincher), best original screenplay (Aaron So...
The Social Network was the big favorite in the Southeastern Film Critics Association's 19th annual awards, winning best picture, best director (David Fincher), best original screenplay (Aaron Sorkin) and best ensemble.
Natalie Portman was named best actress for her portrayal of a ballerina going mad in Black Swan. Relative newcomer Hailee Steinfeld won best supporting actress as a young woman seeking revenge for the murder of her father in True Grit (opening Dec. 22).
SEFCA is comprised of 43 print, radio and online film journalists from nine states. For a complete list of the 2010 winners, go to Miami.com/movies.
-- RENE RODRIGUEZ
On Our Radar
- Five reasons to not give up on the Miami Heat
- Boo Madea star Tyler Perry: I don't like Halloween
- Florida has better taste in Halloween candy than most other states, says survey
- Phil Collins: 'I don’t like Miami particularly'
- DJ Irie gets put in the hot seat this Saturday at his own celebrity roast
- King Tide floods the streets of South Florida
- Jose Fernandez may get his own Miami street
- Orange is the New Black star gets her drink on
- Where to get hurricane updates without a TV
- Leonardo DiCaprio, Mark Ruffalo at “Before the Flood” screening