SoBe blogger wins ‘trip of a lifetime’
Meet Alice Shin, international food blogger. The 27-year-old South Beach woman bested 500 competitors to win $10,000 and an 18-day trip through Thailand, Vietnam, China, Japan and Korea with celebrity chef Mark Miller and Pei Wei Asian Diner executive chef Eric Justice.
The Virginia native attended the UVA and Miami Ad School and is a senior copywriter at SapientNitro, an advertising and marketing firm.
“I’m very involved in the Yelp Miami community,” Shin reports. “In fact, I used a few of my Yelp reviews as part of my initial submission. I’m still amazed at how a tiny link that my friend e-mailed me turned into a trip of a lifetime.”
- DB Bistro Moderne Miami goes casual for the summer
- Get your frites on: Bistro Cassis opens in midtown Miami
- The List: Miami's best food with Sushi Maki's Abe Ng
- Bold & cold: Tio Gazpacho bottles the good stuff
- In Miami Beach, Klima's exquisite food is a study in simplicity
- Miami's best burgers are getting fired up at Burger Brawl
- Brew in Miami: Mother Earth Cali Creamin'
- Take a swim with Soho Bay's fresh fish dishes
- The List: Miami's best foods with Cantina La Veinte's Santiago Gómez
- Coral Gables gets buzzy over new Spanish restaurant Piripi