SoBe blogger wins ‘trip of a lifetime’
Meet Alice Shin, international food blogger. The 27-year-old South Beach woman bested 500 competitors to win $10,000 and an 18-day trip through Thailand, Vietnam, China, Japan and Korea with celebrity chef Mark Miller and Pei Wei Asian Diner executive chef Eric Justice.
The Virginia native attended the UVA and Miami Ad School and is a senior copywriter at SapientNitro, an advertising and marketing firm.
“I’m very involved in the Yelp Miami community,” Shin reports. “In fact, I used a few of my Yelp reviews as part of my initial submission. I’m still amazed at how a tiny link that my friend e-mailed me turned into a trip of a lifetime.”
- 5 last-minute Mother's Day brunches in Miami
- A night of dishing on Miami's culinary scene at Wynwood Yard
- First Look: Dragonfly adds to Doral dining scene
- GK Bistronomie falters with service
- Get the details on Brickell City Centre's major dining game
- Zak the Baker closed, reopens Friday
- Wynwood Brewing releases special beer
- First Look: 1111 Peruvian Bistro brings polished Peruvian to Brickell
- "Celebrity" status won't get you into Eating House's sold-out 4/20 dinner
- 10 New Restaurants Coming Soon to Downtown Doral