SoBe blogger wins ‘trip of a lifetime’
Meet Alice Shin, international food blogger. The 27-year-old South Beach woman bested 500 competitors to win $10,000 and an 18-day trip through Thailand, Vietnam, China, Japan and Korea with celebrity chef Mark Miller and Pei Wei Asian Diner executive chef Eric Justice.
The Virginia native attended the UVA and Miami Ad School and is a senior copywriter at SapientNitro, an advertising and marketing firm.
“I’m very involved in the Yelp Miami community,” Shin reports. “In fact, I used a few of my Yelp reviews as part of my initial submission. I’m still amazed at how a tiny link that my friend e-mailed me turned into a trip of a lifetime.”
- Morimoto South Beach opening October 1 and we have the menu!
- Miami's Best Pizza to close after 44 years in Coral Gables
- Vintro Kitchen emphasizes seafood in Miami Beach boutique hotel
- Follow your nose to Blue Willy's Barbecue in Pompano Beach
- Miami food to star on Bravo's 'Best New Restaurant'
- The Miami Spice List: 10 Best Off-the-Beaten-Path Restaurants
- What's the Best? 5 Miami Coffee Shops
- Truffles and caviar on menu at Haven craft beer dinner in Miami Beach
- Brew in Miami: Buckets of craft beer at Pubbelly in Miami Beach
- Two stars for Tap 79's affordable and comforting pub fare