SoBe blogger wins ‘trip of a lifetime’
Meet Alice Shin, international food blogger. The 27-year-old South Beach woman bested 500 competitors to win $10,000 and an 18-day trip through Thailand, Vietnam, China, Japan and Korea with celebrity chef Mark Miller and Pei Wei Asian Diner executive chef Eric Justice.
The Virginia native attended the UVA and Miami Ad School and is a senior copywriter at SapientNitro, an advertising and marketing firm.
“I’m very involved in the Yelp Miami community,” Shin reports. “In fact, I used a few of my Yelp reviews as part of my initial submission. I’m still amazed at how a tiny link that my friend e-mailed me turned into a trip of a lifetime.”
- Taste Chinese, Mexican and Japanese in one bite — for one night only
- A vegetarian gastropub? It's coming to (where else?) South Beach
- Where you can taste a prize-winning doughnut in Miami
- These are Miami's most popular brunch spots, says Yelp
- Pollo Tropical wants you to cheat — on your chicken
- International sushi chain opens first U.S. spot — on South Beach
- Miami Herald Top 10: Alloy among 2016's best-reviewed restaurants
- Here are four new Miami, Beach restaurants to try this month
- Three perfect words: Free chocolate croissants
- Burgers and beer in Brickell on National Cheeseburger Day