Bar manager calls out Snooki
Snooki-gate: Bar manager says MTV should pay up for the Jersey Shore star's fight.
Jersey Shore star Snooki may want to think twice about entering Oceans' 10, where her infamous bar fight went down Saturday night.
We caught up with Richard Van Leuvan, the Ocean Drive bar's night manager, who thinks the brawl with a male patron was staged for the MTV cameras.
“The simple reason is that her bodyguard didn't do nothing,” he said. “Why would he let someone walk right up on top of her?”
The cleanup was a pain and Van Leuvan wouldn't mind MTV paying for his dry-cleaning bills.
“The manager on before me had ketchup up all over his shirt. A couple of waiters had ketchup on them. They all wear white, so they're stained for the rest of the [shift].”
No wonder he threw Snooki out.
“She said, ‘Why did you ask me to leave? You don't even know what happened,'‚” Van Leuvan recounted.
“I said, ‘I don't know, but I know I have to run a restaurant and I don't need this here. If you wanna fight, go out somewhere else.'”
How'd she deal?
“She just turned around and said, ‘You're gonna lose a lot of money.'”
Is the Jerseyite banned?
“I don't know about banned, but if she comes in here tonight I would have something to say to her,'' he said. “If my daughter acted like that I'd call her a fool.”
ORIGINAL STORY 4/26
Does Snooki need anger management classes?
The sassy Jersey Shore star got all hot and bothered Saturday at Ocean's 10 bar, the cast's regular Ocean Drive hangout.
The shortest of the cast members (Nicole Polizzi) threw food and slapped a patron on his shoulder and face, then poured a drink on him after he said something suggestive. The patron threw a drink back but was escorted off the property by security. No police were called.
And what a coincidence - all was captured on video, with cameras rolling, leading cynics to believe it was staged for the MTV hit show which has been taping here this month.
In gentler news: Are Snooki and The Situation a couple? The roomies were seen swapping spit at Tantra restaurant and nightclub last week. S&S had a thing back home in the Garden State, but the ab-master (Mike Sorrentino) doesn't exactly look like he's settling down.
On Saturday night, after the Ocean's 10 incident, we spotted the cast partying it up at MI-VI in the Village of Gulfstream Park. Inside the packed club, The Situation looked around for a new lady, while Snooki appeared to be a little low on cash - she let fans take pictures with her as long as you bought her a drink.
(What are they paying these kids?)
- Tonight: 'Bourbon & Beats' at Radio Bar in South Beach with hard-to-find Pappy Van Winkle 15-year
- Velvet Underground: The World Golf Championships hits Doral, MO Bar + Lounge opens at the Mandarin Oriental with cocktails by Angelo Vieira, OTC's Jacob Anaya cooks up a feast with Wynwood Brewing Co., and the Oscars of drag at Score
- Miami DJs unite for a Sunday party series at Will Call debuting on the anniversary of Biggie Smalls' death
- SushiSamba celebrates Brazil's Carnaval on Lincoln Road and in Coral Gables on Tuesday night with live samba dancing, batucada drummers, DJs and specialty cocktails
- Velvet Underground: Spa party at the Viceroy, Chaos Cooking comes to Miami, Spam Allstars drop a new album, and Sunday funday at The Broken Shaker
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Feb. 28 - March 2
- Beloved South Beach DJ Mark Leventhal dies at 50 after nearly one month in the hospital
- Miami native Blake Lee to appear in ABC's new sitcom ‘Mixology’
- Soulfrito Urban Latin Music Festival brings the top urban and Latin acts
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Feb. 21-23