Bar manager calls out Snooki
Snooki-gate: Bar manager says MTV should pay up for the Jersey Shore star's fight.
Jersey Shore star Snooki may want to think twice about entering Oceans' 10, where her infamous bar fight went down Saturday night.
We caught up with Richard Van Leuvan, the Ocean Drive bar's night manager, who thinks the brawl with a male patron was staged for the MTV cameras.
“The simple reason is that her bodyguard didn't do nothing,” he said. “Why would he let someone walk right up on top of her?”
The cleanup was a pain and Van Leuvan wouldn't mind MTV paying for his dry-cleaning bills.
“The manager on before me had ketchup up all over his shirt. A couple of waiters had ketchup on them. They all wear white, so they're stained for the rest of the [shift].”
No wonder he threw Snooki out.
“She said, ‘Why did you ask me to leave? You don't even know what happened,'‚” Van Leuvan recounted.
“I said, ‘I don't know, but I know I have to run a restaurant and I don't need this here. If you wanna fight, go out somewhere else.'”
How'd she deal?
“She just turned around and said, ‘You're gonna lose a lot of money.'”
Is the Jerseyite banned?
“I don't know about banned, but if she comes in here tonight I would have something to say to her,'' he said. “If my daughter acted like that I'd call her a fool.”
ORIGINAL STORY 4/26
Does Snooki need anger management classes?
The sassy Jersey Shore star got all hot and bothered Saturday at Ocean's 10 bar, the cast's regular Ocean Drive hangout.
The shortest of the cast members (Nicole Polizzi) threw food and slapped a patron on his shoulder and face, then poured a drink on him after he said something suggestive. The patron threw a drink back but was escorted off the property by security. No police were called.
And what a coincidence - all was captured on video, with cameras rolling, leading cynics to believe it was staged for the MTV hit show which has been taping here this month.
In gentler news: Are Snooki and The Situation a couple? The roomies were seen swapping spit at Tantra restaurant and nightclub last week. S&S had a thing back home in the Garden State, but the ab-master (Mike Sorrentino) doesn't exactly look like he's settling down.
On Saturday night, after the Ocean's 10 incident, we spotted the cast partying it up at MI-VI in the Village of Gulfstream Park. Inside the packed club, The Situation looked around for a new lady, while Snooki appeared to be a little low on cash - she let fans take pictures with her as long as you bought her a drink.
(What are they paying these kids?)
- Velvet Underground: Vinyl fever returns on Record Store Day, LA-based dark glam opera band 'Timur and the Dime Museum' plays for The Miami Light Project, and go retro with famed drag queen Elaine Lancaster at Miami Bingo Bash
- Velvet Underground: Heavyweight champion Shannon "The Cannon" Briggs hosts fight night at Wonderland, Cuban hip hopper Danay Suarez plays North Beach, Alberto Cabrera's Bread + Butter launches happy hour
- MOVA Lounge hosts 5th annual Block Party for Miami Beach Gay Pride Festival
- Plans emerge to save Miami's oldest bar as owners announce sale of Tobacco Road
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 11 - 13
- Dita Von Teese takes it off for South Florida
- 'Cocktales: Confessions of a Nymphomaniac' debuts at Bardot and runs through April
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 4 - 6
- SL Miami at The James Royal Palm closes
- Top three takeaways from Miami Music Week and Ultra Music Festival