Located in Town and Country Mall, this intimate boutique boasts maxi dresses, gowns, cover ups and more.
The lowdown: In the vast sprawl that is Kendall, with strip mall after strip mall of discount clothing chains, it can be tough for suburban fashionistas to find something unique. Fret no more, ladies, because the first stop on your tour of Kendall's fashion-forward and recession-friendly venues should be Snob, a boutique recently opened by Vina Richard, a Miami native via Haiti whose husband's career as a diplomat has led her to open boutiques across the globe.
The 'hood: The shop is located in Town and Country Mall, which is still undergoing a huge remodel and has added a Loehmann's and Off the Racks to its roster of discount vendors like Marshalls and Ross. Snob is the only small boutique in the whole giant compound thus reducing the probability that you will see some other girl wearing your dress.
The ambience & highlights: Tropical chic. White walls surround racks featuring an eclectic mix of merch that will satisfy women across a broad spectrum. There are strapless maxi dresses with Pucci-style patterns, cotton summer dresses by Akuadani, flowy linen tops imported from Italy that can be dressed up with accessories or dressed down with a pair of skinny jeans.
There are short party dresses by Rubber Ducky, Do and Be and Va Va Voom, as well as a wall of floor-length gowns for occasions that merit a bit more effort. Snag cute rompers, beaded sandals, beach cover ups and other items that some folks call resortwear, but in Miami, we just call clothes. Prices range from $45 to $150. This store is anything but snobby.
The owner says: "I was looking to open a store for the sophisticated woman of Kendall that wants unique pieces at a reasonable price. There is a little bit for everyone. We have something for the young and sexy, for the older crowd, for everyone."
8410 Mills Dr. Miami
Open 10 a.m.-7 p.m. daily
- Men Love Bonobos Shorts. And Bonobos loves Wynwood. See Why...
- Liquido: Seriously Cute Workout Clothes That Will Actually Make You Want To Hit The Gym
- 5 Things You Need to Know About the New Givenchy Store at Aventura Mall
- The 5 Wonders of Wanderlista Boutique
- Fashion Designer Julian Chang Opening Boutique in MiMo District
- Get a Whiff of Diptyque, Bal Harbour’s New Boutique
- KARE Opens Flagship in Midtown Miami
- Tom Ford’s Flagship Opens in Design District
- SWGR Opens Gallery and Apparel Store in Wynwood
- New Sunglass Shop Opens in Wynwood