Duck fat infused bourbon, beet infused Beefeater & more at Lantao Social Club
Get a sneak taste of South Beach's newest homage to the creative & classic cocktail June 9-10
1717 Collins Ave.
Need a place to drink your sorrows away in the aftermath of the pop-down of The Broken Shaker, a place some say was Miami Beach's best bar ever? Lantao Social Club is hosting an invite-only grand opening on June 11, but those who like to be first to everything can get a sneak peek at the place on the weekend of June 9-10 when San Francisco mixologist Jacques Bezuidenhout is in the house working closely with Lantao's new bar chef Chad Phillips. Phillips comes has an impressive list of mixology gigs, the latest being at Sra. Martinez.
At Lantao, he collaborated with Bezuidenhout to create the entire cocktail list based on an ode to classics and the menu at Lantao Kitchen + Cocktails. Among the ingredients being mixed: duck fat infused bourbon. For foodstuffs, there's BBQ pork ribs (Korean BBQ, toasted peanuts, scallions), charred fish taco with Asian slaw, Sriracha yogurt, and pickled chilies, and duck crepes (Asian duck confit, Szechuan crepes and tomato mint slaw).
But back to those cocktails. Says Phillips, "Three of my cocktails feature items used in various dishes at the restaurant (5 spice, sweet banana, and duck fat), while another uses Pimms, which ties into the British influence. Chef Freddy’s ideas lend themselves very well to libations and we also created a list of forgotten cocktails including: Corpse Reviver #2, Vieux Carre, The Alaska, Ward 8, Seelbach,Boulevardier Flip (my twist on a classic, but way tastier!)."
Here's more to get all shaken and stirred about:
CRISP & LIGHT
OH, BEE HIVE
Spring 44 Honey Vodka, Drambuie, Domaine de Canton Ginger, Lemon, Club Soda
COOL HAND LUKE
Partida Reposado Tequila, Thai Chili Guava, Lime, Agave
Absolut Ruby Red Vodka, Passionfruit, Grapefruit, Bubbles
Green Pepper Infused Herradura Tequila, Lime, Cilantro Simple
Plymouth Gin, Pimms, Orange Pekoe Tea Simple, Lemon, Mint
Bulleit Rye Whiskey, Luxardo Maraschino, 5 Spice Syrup, Lime, Egg White, Apricot, Orange Bitters
WILL YOU DAIQUIRI ME?
Strawberry-Kiwi Infused Diplomatico Anejo Rum, Lime, Sugar
BEET ME IN ST. LOUIS
Beet Infused Beefeater Gin, Domaine de Canton Ginger, Honey-Tarragon Syrup, Lemon
St. Germain, Cucumber, Lime, Shiso, Bubbles
Partido Blanco Tequila, Del Maguey Vida Mezcal, Lime, Agave, Smoked Paprika
YOU SAY BANANA, I SAY BATAVIA
Diplomatico Reserva Rum, Batavia Arack, Orange, Vanilla Simple, Sweet Banana
BREAKFAST OF CHAMPIONS
Duck Fat Infused Knob Creek Bourbon, Cynar, Apricot, Lemon, Clove
- Chef Jeremiah & Roel Alcudia team up on gastroDobo, a 1-night Filipino pop-up in Wynwood
- GK Bistronomie bringing 'globally inspired Peruvian' cuisine to Wynwood
- Habit Burger opens in Miami, donates first-week proceeds to charity
- 'Chopped' champ Mathias Gervais opening modern Asian restaurant at The Setai
- Morimoto closing Sept. 30 in South Beach
- For the first time, a woman runs the kitchen at The Forge in Miami Beach
- Marion Miami restaurant gets set to open in Brickell
- Dinner Lab hosts Miami meal with gin pairings on Aug. 25
- Miami restaurateur Michael Schwartz faces federal lawsuit alleging employee mistreatment
- Wynwood Diner opens this weekend in Miami