Sneak Peek: Public House Opens on Miami Beach in October
New bar with surf culture vibe and classic cocktails set to open in South of Fifth area
Opens first week of October
423 Washington Ave., Miami Beach
The folks from Foxhole are feverishly working on their next drinking hole in South Beach. Make no mistake; the new bar is not for alley cats. Public House is more upscale, catering to the sophisticated residents living in the chic South of Fifth neighborhood.
Partners Angel Febres, Conrad Gomez and Jason Cochran closed Love Hate (423 Washington Ave.) earlier this month to start the reincarnation of the charming space. Renovations are underway to transform it from dirty dive to perfectly-designed, introducing a 1960s surf culture vibe. Think vintage Southern California with a twist of contemporary: weathered wood bookshelves and paneling, reclaimed brick, antique surfboards, Serape-covered banquets (Mexican blankets), Spanish tile work, HD TVs, and a pool table.
With music low enough for conversation, a smoke-free environment, and plenty of seating, their goal is to provide a space for meaningful connections without the typical distractions in party town.
Public House will offer a classic cocktail list ($10 - $12), featuring fresh ingredients and a well-rounded selection of spirits as well as craft beers on draught ($5). For the basic beer drinker, domestic brands will be available.
The partners say you can’t have a neighborhood bar if you go one day and it’s closed. They want Public House to be the start and the end of the night for regulars.
Hours: 5 p.m. – 5 a.m. daily.
Rules: No club music and no smoking.
Galena Mosovich is the lead writer for cocktail culture for Miami.com and The Miami Herald.
- Drink like an Irish whiskey master this St. Patrick's Day
- Tonight: 'Bourbon & Beats' at Radio Bar in South Beach with hard-to-find Pappy Van Winkle 15-year
- Coming soon to Wynwood: a craft beer bar called KUSH
- Miami native Blake Lee to appear in ABC's new sitcom ‘Mixology’
- Jim Meehan guest bartends and Julio Bermejo talks tequila at The Broken Shaker during South Beach Wine & Food Festival week in Miami Beach
- A must-try cocktail at the new Cavalli Miami Restaurant & Lounge in South Beach
- Wynwood Brewing Company Takes Over Public House in South Beach for South Florida Craft Beer Week
- Funky Buddha Brewery hosts day-long beer fest
- The Corner celebrates 2 years in downtown Miami with free beer, BBQ and live music
- Abraxas Lounge on South Beach will close New Year's Eve