Sneak Peek: Inside Swine Southern Table and Bar
Take a sneak peek inside Swine in Coral Gables before Friday's private grand opening party
John Kunkel and 50 Eggs are at it again. After opening the popular Yardbird Southern Table and Bar, and then raising the bar with Khong River House (which recently received a rare 4-star rating by our food critic), next up is Swine Southern Table and Bar. As Kunkel likes to say, it's Yardbird's "younger, tougher brother."
Some of the menu items from Yardbird (i.e. mac & cheese) will appear in the Swine menu, but for the most part it will be pork driven. And why not? With a massive smoker in the kitchen that pipes out the top of the restaurant, all of Miracle Mile in Coral Gables will start to smell like tasty, southern barbecue.
Below you will find a visual tour of Swine on our recent visit as the finishing touches were underway. Swine hosted an invite-only grand opening, ribbon-cutting party on Friday, March 8 and then opened its doors to the public on Monday, March 11 for dinner only. Lunch and brunch will roll out in several weeks. From the upstairs bar to the vibe of the cozy joint, the dining scene in Coral Gables is about to change, for the better.
2415 Ponce De Leon Boulevard, Coral Gables
Hours: Sunday - Thursday, 4 p.m. - 11 p.m.; Friday and Saturday, 4 p.m. - 12 a.m.
- Where to eat in Miami's Historic MiMo District on Biscayne Boulevard
- Why this iconic South Beach Italian spot changed locations
- President Hello Kitty? She's got cookies to convince you
- South Beach Seafood Festival 2016 highlights top seafood chefs, restaurants
- Get yours: stone crab season starts Saturday
- Is this the best black-owned food truck in South Florida?
- South Florida just got another serious steakhouse
- Food just got a lot better at Heat's American Airlines Arena
- Phuc Yea pops up for good
- Luke's Diner will be a real place Wednesday. Here's where to get free coffee: