Sneak Peek: Inside Swine Southern Table and Bar
Take a sneak peek inside Swine in Coral Gables before Friday's private grand opening party
2415 Ponce De Leon Boulevard, Coral Gables
Hours: Sunday - Thursday, 4 p.m. - 11 p.m.; Friday and Saturday, 4 p.m. - 12 a.m.
John Kunkel and 50 Eggs are at it again. After opening the popular Yardbird Southern Table and Bar, and then raising the bar with Khong River House (which recently received a rare 4-star rating by our food critic), next up is Swine Southern Table and Bar. As Kunkel likes to say, it's Yardbird's "younger, tougher brother."
Some of the menu items from Yardbird (i.e. mac & cheese) will appear in the Swine menu, but for the most part it will be pork driven. And why not? With a massive smoker in the kitchen that pipes out the top of the restaurant, all of Miracle Mile in Coral Gables will start to smell like tasty, southern barbecue.
Below you will find a visual tour of Swine on our recent visit as the finishing touches were underway. Swine hosted an invite-only grand opening, ribbon-cutting party on Friday, March 8 and then opened its doors to the public on Monday, March 11 for dinner only. Lunch and brunch will roll out in several weeks. From the upstairs bar to the vibe of the cozy joint, the dining scene in Coral Gables is about to change, for the better.
- Vegan cuisine is in Full Bloom in Miami Beach
- The List: 10 best Miami restaurants with Sugar Factory's chef
- Miami restaurant review: Marion's French glow shines on Brickell
- Miami food events: Pubbelly gets fishy, Vagabond chef Alex Chang cooks at Fooq's
- 9 new Asian restaurants in Miami and Miami Beach
- Former Miami restaurant owner Joshua Woodward pleaded no contest Friday to attempted murder for trying to induce a miscarriage
- 5 restaurant openings to know about in Miami and Fort Lauderdale
- Miami's 10 best restaurants with chef Jimmy Carey of Jimmy'z Kitchen
- Jet Runway Café takes off in Fort Lauderdale
- Taste of Design gala is Saturday at the Moore Building in Miami