Cocktails at Lure Fishbar at the Loews
Robert Ferrara unveils new cocktails for seafoodies
When Miami mixologist Robert Ferrara left Swine Southern Table & Bar this summer, cocktailers in Coral Gables suffered a loss. He was taking his talents to South Beach. Back to South Beach, that is. Prior to Swine, Ferrara was at the helm of the bar at The Dutch in the W South Beach. On Monday, Dec. 2, he unveils his new beverage program at Lure Fishbar (SoHo NYC) in the former Emeril space at the Loews.
With seafood lovers in mind, Ferrara created a list of 12 cocktails to pair with Lure’s giant selection of raw treats (East coast and West coast oysters), sushi, and a substantial selection of fish.
Here's a teaser with one week to go till opening night:
Articles of War – Think wintery and aromatic.
Beefeater 24, Mandarine Napoleon, lemon, chamomile tea, apple cider, fennel bitters, topped with Cigar City “Hotter than Helles” lager
Auxiliary Ship – Smooth and refreshing.
Plymouth Gin, “Karen Coy” Sake, St. Germain, lemon, cucumber, Boston Bittahs, egg white
John Daily – An elevated Arnold Palmer topped with refined foam.
Spring 44 Honey Vodka, earl grey tea, fresh pressed lemon, tea “foam”
Catch and Release – Beautiful and balanced by the dryness of the vermouth.
Absolut, Dolin Blanc, fresh pressed watermelon, lime, orange bitters, watermelon radish wheel
Lure Fishbar, 1601 Collins Ave.; lurefishbar.com or 305-695-4550
Cocktails are $14
- Where to celebrate National Martini Day in Miami
- Get your drink on while satisfying your sweet tooth at the Miami Ultimate Bartender & Dessert competition
- Why Miami's oldest bar is new again
- 9 recipes to get you in the mood for #NegroniWeek
- How to get a taste of this top South Beach hot spot without the line
- New app HOOCH is every cocktail lover's dream
- Make this cocktail: Sushi Garage's Lychee Mule
- 21 spots to get your champagne bubbly on in Miami
- Sip & Savor: mezcal for days at Clandestino Pub
- Sip & Savor: garden-to-glass cocktails waterfront at American Social Brickell