Cocktails at Lure Fishbar at the Loews
Robert Ferrara unveils new cocktails for seafoodies
When Miami mixologist Robert Ferrara left Swine Southern Table & Bar this summer, cocktailers in Coral Gables suffered a loss. He was taking his talents to South Beach. Back to South Beach, that is. Prior to Swine, Ferrara was at the helm of the bar at The Dutch in the W South Beach. On Monday, Dec. 2, he unveils his new beverage program at Lure Fishbar (SoHo NYC) in the former Emeril space at the Loews.
With seafood lovers in mind, Ferrara created a list of 12 cocktails to pair with Lure’s giant selection of raw treats (East coast and West coast oysters), sushi, and a substantial selection of fish.
Here's a teaser with one week to go till opening night:
Articles of War – Think wintery and aromatic.
Beefeater 24, Mandarine Napoleon, lemon, chamomile tea, apple cider, fennel bitters, topped with Cigar City “Hotter than Helles” lager
Auxiliary Ship – Smooth and refreshing.
Plymouth Gin, “Karen Coy” Sake, St. Germain, lemon, cucumber, Boston Bittahs, egg white
John Daily – An elevated Arnold Palmer topped with refined foam.
Spring 44 Honey Vodka, earl grey tea, fresh pressed lemon, tea “foam”
Catch and Release – Beautiful and balanced by the dryness of the vermouth.
Absolut, Dolin Blanc, fresh pressed watermelon, lime, orange bitters, watermelon radish wheel
- Go Drink This: Rum-ble ‘n’ Sway
- Go Drink This: Strawberry Mojito Mocktail
- The Best Cocktails To Sip in Miami On National Rum Day
- Go Drink This: Thelma and Louise
- La Moderna serves up cocktails with personality
- Go Drink This: Honey Citrus Sidecar
- Tampa's Brenda Terry named Most Imaginative Bartender Miami
- Radio Bar hosts monthly series of mixology classes
- Mixologists to compete in Miami for Most Imaginative Bartender title
- Go Drink This: Canchánchara