Smash & Grab Fundraiser at Locust Projects returns this Saturday
Locust Projects hosts its annual art raffle to raise funds for its mission of supporting contemporary artists.
Anyone who has gone to Art Basel knows that $450 may not take you very far when investing in art. Locust Projects annual Smash & Grab fundraiser makes getting your hands on works by emerging and established contemporary artists easy and rather affordable. The way the fundraiser works is that raffle ticket holders, each of whom is guaranteed one work of art, have their numbers pulled in random order for the chance to run through the Locust Projects' space to select their preferred piece of art. The key is obviously to get your ticket pulled early on so you have your pick of the litter.
The annual event brings contemporary artists and collectors together to support Locust Projects, the not for profit art space established in 1998 that has been a haven for visual artists seeking a place to experiment and grow. This year more than 100 artists have contributed works for the raffle including Felice Grodin (pictured above, Study/Untitled (32) 2005), Sam Winston, Elizabeth Withstandley, Amy Wong, Antonia Wright and James Yorke. The proceeds provide essential funding for exhibitions and programming throughout the year at Locust Projects.
For those that can't swing the $450 raffle ticket, spend $50 and you can still party with the artists and collectors. Even that sounds like a solid investment.
Locust Projects' Smash & Grab fundraiser
6:30-9:30 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 26
Locust Projects , 3852 N. Miami Ave., Miami
$450 - One artwork raffle ticket (admits two people) , $50 - Individual admission (without raffle entry)
See and Do
- 5 kinds of guys you'll wind up meeting in Miami's dating scene
- So you think you can dance? Prove it on National Dance Day with the Miami City Ballet
- 7 things you must taste when in Miami
- 9 Instagram-Worthy Photo Opps in Miami
- 10 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - July 22-24
- Things we discovered on a 74-mile car trip on the Tamiami Trail from Miami to Naples
- Finding craft beer at Miami sports venues
- 9 events you can't miss in Miami - August 2016
- 9 weird things you see in Miami
- Are these are the best places in Miami to propose to your loved one?