Smash & Grab Fundraiser at Locust Projects returns this Saturday
Locust Projects hosts its annual art raffle to raise funds for its mission of supporting contemporary artists.
Locust Projects' Smash & Grab fundraiser
6:30-9:30 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 26
Locust Projects , 3852 N. Miami Ave., Miami
$450 - One artwork raffle ticket (admits two people) , $50 - Individual admission (without raffle entry)
Anyone who has gone to Art Basel knows that $450 may not take you very far when investing in art. Locust Projects annual Smash & Grab fundraiser makes getting your hands on works by emerging and established contemporary artists easy and rather affordable. The way the fundraiser works is that raffle ticket holders, each of whom is guaranteed one work of art, have their numbers pulled in random order for the chance to run through the Locust Projects' space to select their preferred piece of art. The key is obviously to get your ticket pulled early on so you have your pick of the litter.
The annual event brings contemporary artists and collectors together to support Locust Projects, the not for profit art space established in 1998 that has been a haven for visual artists seeking a place to experiment and grow. This year more than 100 artists have contributed works for the raffle including Felice Grodin (pictured above, Study/Untitled (32) 2005), Sam Winston, Elizabeth Withstandley, Amy Wong, Antonia Wright and James Yorke. The proceeds provide essential funding for exhibitions and programming throughout the year at Locust Projects.
For those that can't swing the $450 raffle ticket, spend $50 and you can still party with the artists and collectors. Even that sounds like a solid investment.
See and Do
- Video: #HowTo Miami Beach
- Easter Eggstravaganzas, Free Yoga & Munchkin Gardening: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks Mar 23-29
- Saturday event provides bikers of all levels a safe path in Miami
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - March 20-22
- Miami Open expands entertainment options with top chefs, models and Olympians
- Billy Porter plays Colony Theater this weekend
- St. Patty’s Day Fun, Free Play, Spring Break Prep & Legos: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks Mar 16-22
- Photo exhibit at UM Art Gallery explores life on the Texas High Plains
- 13th Annual Orchid Festival arrives this weekend
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - March 13-15