SLS South Beach & Katsuya Celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month with Noches de Galerias
The monthly series gets a special weekly twist featuring the work of Hispanic artists in the intimate Dragon Lounge
1701 Collins Ave., Miami Beach
During Hispanic Heritage Month (September 15 to October 15), SLS South Beach and Katsuya are transforming their monthly Gallery Nights series into a weekly affair, dubbed Noches de Galerias. Instead of celebrating the work of a single artist all month long inside Katsuya’s exclusive Dragon Lounge, they’re celebrating every Monday night with a new art installation by a Hispanic artist and a specially featured menu item.
The series kicks off Monday, September 16 with artist Ramon Auler from 6 to 8 pm. That evening, Katsuya will also debut their Latino roll, made with sweet plantain, barbecue eel, pickled jicama, and eel sauce. At 9 pm, witness the sake ceremony with special guest New York Yankee's 5-time All Star catcher Jorge Posada. Each Monday night through October 14, come out to the Dragon Lounge to mingle with a new Hispanic artist.
Stick around after the event to enjoy Katsuya’s Miami Spice menu. Opt to stay the night with the SLS Miami Spice stay package. Room rates start at $250 and include a three-course meal at Katsuya or The Bazaar. Reservations can be booked here. Use promo code: SPICE. The offer is valid through the end of September.
The schedule for Noches de Galerias is as follows:
Date: September 23rd
Artist: Daniel Arango
Dish: Big Eye Tuna Tartare Taco “crunch” with Japanese salsa
Date: September 30th
Artist: Juliana Aragao
Dish: Ropa Vieja stuffed fresno pepper with chipotle aioli
Date: October 7th
Artist: Rebecca Barba
Dish: Cubano “Spring Roll” with Japanese pickle cucumber
Date: October 14th
Artist: Claudio Picasso
Dish: Crispy Mofongo with spicy tuna
- Celebrate Miami Beach's Centennial with $100 room rates & more hotel offers
- 3 Last Minute Ultra Music Festival Hotel Packages To Book Now
- Ultimate Guide to WMC & MMW Hotel Pool Parties
- Languorous Luxury in Anguilla
- Gale Boutique Hotel & Residences set to open in Fort Lauderdale late 2016
- Miami Hotel Valentine's Day Guide
- Win a 7-Night Trip to St. Barths From Bagatelle & WIMCO Villas
- 13 Best Hotel Boozy Brunches in Miami
- New Year, New Hotel Packages Across South Florida
- EDITION vs. Thompson—Which is the Hottest New Miami Beach Hotel?