Sleepless Nights Zone 4
From helping create a documentary at the Betsy to a Whole Foods breakfast on Ocean, here's what's going on in Zone 4.
By Solange Reyner
From helping create a documentary at the Betsy to a Whole Foods breakfast on Ocean Drive, here's what's going on in Zone 4.
- Ocean Drive
If you want to get your night started off on an exercise kick, then head to the park at 8th street and Ocean for the Chipotle Pajama one-mile Run at 6 p.m. From 7 p.m. to 6 a.m., snuggle up with your honey (or friends) at the drive-in near 12th street. There's continuous showings of a documentary about the 24 Hours of Le Mans and out-racing the odds.
- Ocean Drive Main Stage (between 8th and 9th street)
There's a ton of events here, one including our own Miami.com photographer Tomas Loewy. He's showing his work at 4 a.m. At 6:30, there's flamenco. That's followed by an aerial dance and athletic aerobics show at 8. At 9, composer Gabriel Pulido presents a multimedia concert, and the South Beach Chamber Ensemble performs with La Guardia, Name Brand, Etagweyo Vincent Onukurte and Shri. At midnight, it's video artist Toni Dove showing "Spectropia." J-Walt has a live animation performance at 2 a.m., and SoBe Arts brings Sleepless Nights to a close with film projections and live performances at 5:30 a.m.
- Ocean Drive Mass Ensemble Stage(Ocean Drive between 6th and 7th street)
Mass Ensemble has four shows, at 7:30, 10:30, 2:30 am. and 6 a.m., encompassing music, sculpture, and dance. The 6 a.m. show is a yoga class led by Mass member Andrea Brook.
- Ocean Drive Showground (between 11th and 12th street)
If you want to stay tight, here's the spot to be. There's a clown show at 6:30, a classical circus arts show presented by the South Florida Circus Arts School at 8:45, and a presentation about women who have been sexually abused by 2008 Young Arts winner in theatre/spoken word Analisa Velez at 10:30. At 11, Amy Alvarado performs Jazz standards and songs. From 7 to 2 a.m., you can watch an acrobat suspend in mid-air beneath a giant helium balloon.
- Ocean Drive between 7th and 8th street
Get a healthy breakfast from Whole Foods at 6 a.m.
- Tequila Chicas (Ocean Drive and 15th street)
It's a rock-and-roll performance from 6 to 7 p.m.
- The Betsy South Beach (1440 Ocean Drive)
Bring images, letters, songs and stories to the John Lennon Educational Tour Bus from 6 to midnight to help create a documentary that will reflect on the service and sacrifice made by Miami Beach soldiers and their families in honor of Veterans Day. There's also a meet-and-greet with Pulitzer prize winner Jill Furmanowski during the same time.
- Cavalier Hotel (1320 Ocean Drive)
A belly dance takes place from 6 to midnight, with residence DJ's taking over until 6 a.m.
- Art Deco Welcome Center (Ocean Drive and 10th Street)
Photography winners from the 16th Annual International Architectural Conference and the International Photography Competition of Architecture, Interior Design & Landscape Architecture show their work from 7 to 2 a.m. along with designer and artist Gabriole Van Bryce. From 7 to midnight, you can also get a 30-minute Art Deco Walking Tour from the Miami Design Preservation League.
- Jewish Musem of Florida (301 Washington Ave.)
On view from 6 p.m. to 2 a.m.:Judy Chicago and paintings by Abshalom Jac Lahav.
- Wolfsonian FIU (1001 Washington Ave.)
Two movies showing from 6 to midnight here, including: "Styled for the Road: The Art of Automobile Design, 1908-1948" and "Art and Design in the Modern Age: Selections from the Wolfsonian Collection."
- Anglers Boutique Resort (660 Washington Ave.)
The Miami Jazz Project performs from 8 to midnight.
- South Beach Languages (227 9th Street)
There's a multicultural talent contest from 10 to midnight with a $500 certificate group classes.
- Nikki Beach (Ocean Drive and 1st Street)
Free champagne, cupcakes and chocolates at this meet-and-greet with swimwear designer Mirla Sabino from 6 to 8 p.m. At 10 p.m., there's two runway shows featuring the latest swimswuit fashion shows. The after party goes until 3 a.m.
See and Do
- Marshmallows, free yoga, American Girl crafts & freebie fun: Munchkin Fun's top picks
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Jan. 23-25
- Fairchild's International Chocolate Festival returns
- ‘Late Night’ host Seth Meyers goes back to stand up roots in Miami
- Chocolate festivals, family gardening, American Girl & Home Depot: Top picks Jan 20-25
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Jan. 23-25
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Jan. 16-18
- Festival of Chocolate arrives in Miami this weekend
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Jan. 16-18
- Shakespeare Miami takes on ‘The Tempest’