Sleepless Night Guide
Here's the lowdown on the Sleepless Night event. It all starts at 6 p.m. on Saturday, November 7th, and goes until 7 a.m Sunday morning.
By Solange Reyner
So you want to enjoy the Sleepless Night event on Miami Beach, but you're not quite sure where to start. Here's the lowdown on what goes on from 6 p.m. this Saturday, November 7th, to 7 a.m. Sunday. It's the city's celebration of the arts, and one to be enjoyed by all.
If you're in the mood to watch a dance performance, check out Zone 2. Students from the Miami City Ballet School perform at 7 and 8:30 p.m. and flamenco dancer Clarita Filgueiras puts on a show at 10 p.m. at the Miami City Ballet Studios.
In Zone 1, a live Opera performance goes off at 7, and kids can enjoy a 30-foot tall titanic slide from 6 to 11 p.m.
Zone 3 has a documentary at Temple Beth Shmuel, poetry at Books & Books, and a performance at the Colony Theatre by "The Tweaksters," a group of acrobats, athletes and jugglers.
Want to be part of something special? Head to the Betsy Hotel in Zone 4. Bring images, letters, songs and stories to the John Lennon Educational Tour Bus from 6 to midnight to help create a documentary that will reflect on the service and sacrifice made by Miami Beach soldiers and their families in honor of Veterans Day.
Looking for a lift after a night out of partying? Get a healthy breakfast from Whole Foods on Ocean between 7th and 8th Street at 6 a.m., or stretch out your limbs with some yoga on Ocean between 6th and 7th.
A free shuttle bus takes you to and from each site.
See and Do
- Pumpkin patches, parties and trick-or-treating: Munchkin Fun's 2014 Halloween Guide
- MIFFecito: A Shot of Cinema
- Grovetoberfest brings craft beer to Miami's masses
- Playwright Vanessa Garcia tackles identity in exile in her new play 'The Cuban Spring'
- Two generations of Latin music-makers gather in Miami for Red Bull Siempre Fresco
- Trick or treating, holiday crafts & The Lego Movie: Munchkin Fun's top picks for the week
- Casino Night event in Coral Gables benefits at-risk children
- The Beatles arrive at HistoryMiami
- Coral Gables Art Cinema hosts Miami International Children’s Film Festival
- 'Frida: Unmasked' explores the life of famed artist Frida Kahlo