Sleepless Night Guide
Here's the lowdown on the Sleepless Night event. It all starts at 6 p.m. on Saturday, November 7th, and goes until 7 a.m Sunday morning.
By Solange Reyner
So you want to enjoy the Sleepless Night event on Miami Beach, but you're not quite sure where to start. Here's the lowdown on what goes on from 6 p.m. this Saturday, November 7th, to 7 a.m. Sunday. It's the city's celebration of the arts, and one to be enjoyed by all.
If you're in the mood to watch a dance performance, check out Zone 2. Students from the Miami City Ballet School perform at 7 and 8:30 p.m. and flamenco dancer Clarita Filgueiras puts on a show at 10 p.m. at the Miami City Ballet Studios.
In Zone 1, a live Opera performance goes off at 7, and kids can enjoy a 30-foot tall titanic slide from 6 to 11 p.m.
Zone 3 has a documentary at Temple Beth Shmuel, poetry at Books & Books, and a performance at the Colony Theatre by "The Tweaksters," a group of acrobats, athletes and jugglers.
Want to be part of something special? Head to the Betsy Hotel in Zone 4. Bring images, letters, songs and stories to the John Lennon Educational Tour Bus from 6 to midnight to help create a documentary that will reflect on the service and sacrifice made by Miami Beach soldiers and their families in honor of Veterans Day.
Looking for a lift after a night out of partying? Get a healthy breakfast from Whole Foods on Ocean between 7th and 8th Street at 6 a.m., or stretch out your limbs with some yoga on Ocean between 6th and 7th.
A free shuttle bus takes you to and from each site.
See and Do
- Summer Fun 2015: Your guide to kids programs and camps for the summer in Miami
- Summer Fun 2015: Your guide to parks in Miami this summer
- Russian pianist plays Wynwood on Friday
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - May 22-24
- Third Thursdays at Perez Art Museum Miami brings music and drinks
- Memorial Day Weekend Events - 2015
- Haitian Book Fair to celebrate Caribbean culture for 3rd year
- Annie, Open Play & Freebie Fun: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks for Memorial Day Week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - May 15-17
- Haitian Compas Festival encores at Sun Life Stadium with System Band and many more