Sleepless Night Guide
Here's the lowdown on the Sleepless Night event. It all starts at 6 p.m. on Saturday, November 7th, and goes until 7 a.m Sunday morning.
By Solange Reyner
So you want to enjoy the Sleepless Night event on Miami Beach, but you're not quite sure where to start. Here's the lowdown on what goes on from 6 p.m. this Saturday, November 7th, to 7 a.m. Sunday. It's the city's celebration of the arts, and one to be enjoyed by all.
If you're in the mood to watch a dance performance, check out Zone 2. Students from the Miami City Ballet School perform at 7 and 8:30 p.m. and flamenco dancer Clarita Filgueiras puts on a show at 10 p.m. at the Miami City Ballet Studios.
In Zone 1, a live Opera performance goes off at 7, and kids can enjoy a 30-foot tall titanic slide from 6 to 11 p.m.
Zone 3 has a documentary at Temple Beth Shmuel, poetry at Books & Books, and a performance at the Colony Theatre by "The Tweaksters," a group of acrobats, athletes and jugglers.
Want to be part of something special? Head to the Betsy Hotel in Zone 4. Bring images, letters, songs and stories to the John Lennon Educational Tour Bus from 6 to midnight to help create a documentary that will reflect on the service and sacrifice made by Miami Beach soldiers and their families in honor of Veterans Day.
Looking for a lift after a night out of partying? Get a healthy breakfast from Whole Foods on Ocean between 7th and 8th Street at 6 a.m., or stretch out your limbs with some yoga on Ocean between 6th and 7th.
A free shuttle bus takes you to and from each site.
See and Do
- Munchkin Fun's top picks for family fun July 27 - Aug 2
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 24-26
- Overtown Music & Arts Festival is a soulful afternoon in historic Miami neighborhood
- International Salsa Festival takes over Tamiami Park for three days of salsa's finest performers
- Munchkin Fun's top picks for family fun July20-26
- Free and Cheap things to do in Miami - July 17-19
- The Project [theatre] takes over Bardot with immersive hip hop theater
- 15 things to do with the kids in Miami July 13-19: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- ‘Operation Pedro Pan: The Cuban Children’s Exodus' at HistoryMiami commemorates a dramatic migration
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 10-12