Sky Riders at Miami Seaquarium
Keep the kids entertained during the dog days of summer with a line-up of exciting attractions at the Miami Seaquarium.
4400 Rickenbacker Cswy., Miami
9:30 a.m. -6 p.m. daily
$39.95 and $29.95 for children (ages 3-9)
Miami Seaquarium knows what the kids need during the dog days of summer - wet and wild fun mixed in with some thrills. The Miami attraction unveils its new show, “Sky Riders” as part of the park’s Splashtacular Summer of “Thrills and Chills” running now through Aug. 18.
“Sky Riders” features daring motorcycle high wire and acrobatic stunts starting with an inclined motorcycle high wire act, 40 feet off the ground. Acrobats run the motorcycle up and down the incline wires they perform stunts atop the motorcycle while balancing it on the cable. The show then switches gears to fun and laughs with “Tony and his Comedy Trampoline.” The exciting finale of the show are the heart-stopping feats in the Motorcycle Globe of Death, which takes place inside a 14-foot diameter steel mesh cage where two motorcycles crisscross and loop around each other at high speed.
Cool off after the show at the Lolita at the Killer Whale Show, where she will spray the audience with some chilly water. Or get soaked by a blast from the water cannons at Salty’s Pirate Playground. Slide down the inflatable water slide and get refreshed at the “Play and Spray” misting station. Check out the many animal exhibits, take in all the shows or plan a Dolphin Encounter.
See and Do
- Miami Events - December 2015
- 17 Fun Things to Do This Week: Nov 30 - Dec 5
- Eddie Izzard comes to Miami with 'Force Majeure' tour
- Bayfront Park hosts tree lighting event to kick off holiday season
- Momix will perform and teach a master class at Broward Center
- 17 Fun Things to Do This Holiday Week: Nov 23-29
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Nov. 20-22
- ‘Newsies’ dances its way back to South Florida with a charming leading man
- Some Miami Book Fair events of note (in a weekend of hundreds)
- Miami Book Fair, a literary cornucopia, kicks off