Skip Sunday School For These Events
Sunday's here. And we're telling you what to do. Check out your options here.
By Solange Reyner
OK, OK. We're not trying to be bad influences here - but just wanted to give you some options this Sunday, February 21st. Check out our list to find out what's happening (just in case you do want to miss Sunday School, or Mass, or your Sunday gym visit).
- Pets allowed
At the Renaissance Festival this weekend in Fort Lauderdale. You'll get a chance to get your pet awarded if you enter them into the pet costume contest. A portion of the $2 registration fee for the contest is going to the Humane Society of Broward County.
401 South Powerline Road, Deerfield Beach
- All things Turkish
At the Florida Turkish Festival at the Huizenga Plaza in Fort Lauderdale. The event, featuring folk dancing, art show, lamb kebab and cooking classes starts at 10 a.m.
32 East Las Olas Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, 33301
For runners participating in the A1A Half Marathon. Head to A1A from 6 a.m. to 12:30 with your pom poms.
- Walk Saturday's Evening Off
At the Miami Walk Now For Autism Speaks at 9 a.m. The fundraising event takes place at Crandon Park in Key Biscayne, with all proceeds going towards Autism Speaks.
At the Special Olympics at Traz Powell Stadium from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. All volunteers receive a free special Olympics T-Shirt and free lunch.
11380 NW 27th Avenue, Miami, 33167
- Sing Along
With nine-year-old national star Ethan Bortnick at the Hollywood Central Performing Arts Center at 2 p.m. The "We are the World" participant will then record his own concert for PBS.
See and Do
- House of Horror curdles with more frights
- Pumpkin patches, family movies & freebie crafts: Munchkin Fun's top picks for the week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Sept. 26-28
- Spanish singer Pitingo’s “Souleria” blends flamenco with R&B soul
- Little Havana’s Viernes Culturales still serves up Latin culture
- Gay past meets present in GableStage’s ‘Mothers and Sons’
- Seaon of the Arts: Top theater events of 2014-15
- Disney on ice, mini camps & specialty crafts - Munchkin Fun's picks for the week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Sept. 19-21
- Pop-Up Parks Sprout in Downtown Miami Parking Spaces on Friday